5) Visit from Kate

"Starting to get it" Derek asked Scott as he, Scott, and Melanie were on the roof of the DVD store after the alpha had attacked Jackson and killed somebody who worked at the DVD store.

"Uh I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why I mean this isn't standard practice right we don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone do we" Scott asked.

"No that's not who we are" Melanie said. "We're predators we don't have to be killers" Derek said.

"Then why is he a killer" Scott asked. "That's what we're gonna find out" Derek said and he Melanie and Scott left going to the Hale House.

>>>

"You know I have a life too" Scott said as Derek and Melanie were about to go upstairs. "No, you don't" Derek said. "Yes, I do" Scott said and Derek along with Melanie turned to face him.

"I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or" Scott said. "His pet you're not a dog geesh why did he pick you again because I don't see it" Melanie said. "Part of his pack" Derek said.

"Whatever I have homework to do I have to go to a parent teacher conference because I'm failing chemistry" Scott said.

"You wanna do homework or you wanna not die" Derek asked. "It's really a simple answer" Melanie said.

"You have less than a week until the full moon you don't kill with him, he kills you" Derek said.

"Okay seriously who made up these rules" Scott asked. "It's a rite of passage into his pack" Derek said.

"You know what else is a rite of passage graduating from high school and you don't have to kill anyone to do it" Scott said. "So, you would rather die than not graduate" Melanie said.

"Remind me why we need him again" Melanie said to Derek.

"Why can't you two just find him yourself why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human" Scott asked.

"Because his human scent could be entirely different it has to be you, you have a connection with him a link that you can't understand if I can teach you to control your abilities you can find him" Derek said.

"So, if I help you, you can stop him" Scott asked. "Not alone we're stronger in numbers a pack makes the individual more powerful" Derek said.

"How am I supposed to help if I have no idea what I'm doing" Scott asked.

"Because I'm going to teach you" Derek said. "Do you remember what happened that first night you were shot in the arm right after you were hit" Derek asked.

"Yeah, I changed back" Scott said. "And when you were hit by his car same thing right" Melanie asked.

"What's the common denominator" Derek asked and once he saw Scott wasn't getting it, he went to Scott and broke his arm. "What are you doing" Scott asked in pain.

"It'll heal" Derek said. "It still hurt" Scott said. "And that's what keeps you human, pain maybe you will survive" Derek said and went upstairs with Melanie.

>>>

Melanie and Derek decided to pay Jackson a visit as they had snuck up on him in the bathroom. "I, I don't know where Scott is" Jackson said.

"We're not here for Scott we're here for you" Derek said. "Wait what is she doing in the male's restroom" Jackson asked. Derek saw Melanie about to hit him and quickly stopped her.

"That's not important also careful she has her dad's temper" Derek said.

"Why me" Jackson stuttered to ask. "I didn't do anything" Jackson said. "But you saw something right" Melanie said. "No, I didn't I didn't see anything" Jackson said.