02: Father-Daughter bonding time?

Y/n pov

My shoulders droopy, my white uniform now stained in mud, my hair soaked and the only thing that was waterproof was my bag, I stomped on the way home, my cries getting louder each time, I was frustrated and stressed.

I've always had duties, work, and expectations from my parents to fulfill, they only care about those, not the fact that I don't have friends or any social status... Which Seungmin knows very well, and takes advantage of it.

I reached home, the rain was getting heavier, I opened the door to reveal the scowl on my mother's face as she turned to me, my father stood emotionless before both of their eyes turned into worry. I panted and sniffed as I took off my shoes, looking down and bowed "Where have you been?! It's past 4 god damn it!" I flinched at my mother's shout, I glared at her, ignoring her completely before running upstairs.

I finished showering finally and the stained uniform was finally put in the laundry, I sighed at the sight before going to my room, I threw myself in bed, looking up at the ceiling, zoning out.

I shouldn't have shouted like that-- but it's his fault to be insensitive towards people...

I started to cry again, I thought about making friends, but I feared my mother would disapprove and I would actually drop down in class, I rolled and hid my face on the pillow, what a loser-- is something I would say to myself.
A 16 year old girl who never had a single friend since elementary school except for a guy that constantly humiliates her daily, "Loser..." I mocked myself, tears escaping the corners of my eyes as I turned my head to the side.

"Hey... Y/n...?" Father called softly before immediately opening the door, my heart beated as I quickly wiped my tears but it seems like he already saw it, he walked over to my bed and sat down on the side, rubbing my back. I went silent and avoided his gaze, even if he wasn't mad at me, why didn't he help talk to mother with it?

"You alright? Are you hurt?" He tilted his head, his voice was tired and I felt bad for him, I nodded "I scratched my knee but... It's okay now..." I said softly, I wasn't really the one that has a strong connection between both of my parents, nor did they ever take the initiative and talk if I'm doing good at school.

But will I even say the truth if they ask?

He rubbed the bandage on my right knee before staying silent again, I glanced at my father before hugging him and cried again, I didn't know why I hugged him so suddenly, was it because I needed someone to hug in a long time?

"I'm sorry..."

"Hm? For what?"

"I never talked to you... I thought you were always on mother's side"

He rubbed my back and I buried my face in  his chest, he looked at me down before hugging me back "Y/n, what could I possibly be always mad at you for? It's just... Your mother's a difficult person, and even I have trouble talking things out for you to her. Please understand..."

I frowned and looked him up, he took a deep breath and looked to the window, slightly opening the curtains to reveal the surprisingly clean sky "I'm sorry I haven't been helping you..."

I pursed my lips and looked down as I wiped my tears, nodding that's it's okay, he smiled, he got up and said "Remember, if you want something to talk about, you can always find me."

I sighed shakily, I nodded quickly with a smile, he smiled one last time before leaving my room and closing the door.

Suho (y/n's dad) pov

"What were you doing in her room? Is she studying?" Aekyung asked tiredly, rubbing her eyes as she peaked her head out of our room, I turned to her with a sigh, I ignored her question and walked to the room, adjusting my glasses "Let her rest dear, she fell in the heavy rain."

Before she could protest, I turned to her and glared "And if you bother her, she's definitely going to get more distant with you." I shaked my head and went to bed, leaving her standing confused before she cleared her throat and went to bed, us back to back.

Y/n pov

My alarm rang 4am, it was still dark, I quickly shut off the phone, I sighed, my head was stinging and heavy, I held my forehead on my palm, it was hot.

I wasn't surprised, I walked in the rain yesterday, I wonder if Seungmin also didn't feel well today.

I knew it would be a bit useless convincing my mother to stay at school, and besides, clean attendance would look really nice on my report card. So I just had to suck it up.

I got up, washed my face in the cold water in contrast to my warm body, I brushed my teeth and went to get my uniform.

I stared at myself in the mirror, I furrowed my brows as I studied the features I had, I sighed and turned away, straightening my clothes and packed my bags, when I checked the time it was 5:00, just in time

I went down to see my mother already cooking breakfast, I set my bag down on the couch and sat down on the stool, my posture was weak, my eyes were tired but I forced it.

"... " Silence filled the room, only the sounds of utensils, chewing and footsteps filled the room since my father leaves earlier.

"...Do we have paracetamol?" I said, looking up to my mother who was still preparing side dishes, her cold gaze stared me up and down with no smile before turning away, "No." She said simply, I pursed my lips together and went back to being silent.

It's so quiet... Like always.