05: Fix your relationships, or don't (we don't care)

Fair Warning/Trigger Warning: slight SH reference, angst.

You were alone on the school gate, your mother called up the chauffeur, usually, you liked being alone, but you were craving comfort-- or was it attention?

You sighed and leaned on the fences as you looked up, narrowing your e/c eyes at the sun before closing it again after your headache soon gotten worse, "Ahh... This sucks..." You groaned, rubbing the temple of your forehead.

Y/n's pov:

"Miss Ahn?" I opened my eyes, they flickered to adjust the lighting that I haven't gotten as I was resting them, I catched my breath when I saw the family's chauffeur, I smiled as I saw him monotne face I quickly got comfortable with for some reason.

I bowed to which he nodded, I opened the back of the car and sat down, sighing as I put my bag away, he quickly locked the doors and started driving

"Where's father?"

"Father? Your father is at work of course..." He hesitated

"I-- where's mother?" I questionned, realizing the woman wasn't present in the front-passenger seat, he glanced at me from the rear mirror "Your mother is busy at home. Is something the matter?"

I shaked my head silently, I pursed lips together to create a bitter smile and turned away "I thought I could get her attention..." I mumbled, mind
lost in the moving streets.

No matter how tired I was, I just couldn't fall asleep, I was too sad at the fact that my own mother hadn't even cared to visit me in the car.

"Miss Ahn, we're here." The driver tapped my shoulder, I turned to him and nodded with a smile, he got out of the car but I refused to let him open the door since I could do it myself, I waved before turning to my house, not too small, not too large, simple yet very elegant.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, strangely, it was unlocked. I lowered my head, it was really weird coming back from school after only 4 hours...

"I-I'm home..." I didn't even mean to bat an eye but I could tell they were glaring at me from the dining table.

Y/n, muster up the courage. They're going to shout, and you need to start defending yourself.

"Why are you here?" My mother asked in a disappointed voice, my eyes looked up, I took off my shoes and slammed the prescription paper on the table, yet my eyes looked afraid.

"I already told you I had a fever and needed to get sent home I--"

"Fever?! Ah you could've made your classmates sick too you know!" Knew it.

"Why didn't you stay home hm?"

"Because you wouldn't let me! You would've dismissed my symptoms and send me to school anyways! You even saw your daughter all soaking wet right? You think I wouldn't catch a fever?" I snapped, I had my head up at her as I looked into her mean, dark eyes before I gulped.

"You forget about me so quickly..." I whispered with my hoarse voice, my eyes quickly darted away from her as I let out a soft cough my itchy throat had bottled, I glanced at her confused and upset face

"My daughter is fine. And don't you dare talk back."

"So how am I supposed to answer you? You're going to shout at me to speak anyways."

I tilted my head with eyebrows raised, unamused, I then went upstairs silently, leaving the scene with no farewell.

Ahn Aekyung's (Y/n's mother) pov:

"So how am I supposed to answer you? You're going to shout at me to speak anyways." My daughter spoke coldly.

I gasped in disbelief as she ran upstairs, slamming her bedroom door.

"Ahh where does she even get the rudeness from...?" I sighed, shaking my head as I looked up, I then turned away to the paper she slammed, reading the descriptions.

"Temperature 39°c, congested nose and throat..." I widened my eyes as I murmured the writings, I shouldn't have acted that way to this child... It just became a habit for me to always shout, even if I don't want to... Why am I like this? Am I too stubborn to her? No, she just needs to grow up.

Did she get the temper from me? No. Can't be.

Aekyung focus.

I should do something if I want to fix our relationship, but how?

Hugs? Company? Food? What does she like?

I don't remember what food she likes...

I furrowed my brows in disappointment, do I really know nothing about Y/n??

2nd person's pov:

You threw yourself on the bed, sighing tiredly as you finally got a chance to lay in bed again, you closed your warm eyes in the breeze from the air conditioner of your room and the light radiating from your curtains.

Sooner later after tossing and turning, you kept thinking about how you talked to your mom back there, you were okay with raising your voice and talk back with people your age, but this time, you felt like you were disrespectful. But how will you defend yourself if not confronting?

Water started forming in your eyes, you whimpered out of guilt and shame for crying, it'll become a habit if you don't stop crying everyday.

If only you could turn back time and fixed all the mistakes you've done, maybe, just maybe, you guys would be close, you will make your mom happy, you wished to be a child again, sitting in between of your parents-- but you are 16 now... There's no time for all of that.

In times where you wanted someone to actually comfort you, no one is there for you to reach. Even in the most desperate state you won't admit you wanted help, you could be in the bathroom, arms dripping blood and your eyes red, and you still won't tell anyone, only because you didn't want to become more of a burden.

Was it stubborn?

In your forced breaths, you wiped your eyes slightly, sniffing and sighing, everything will get better if you try to fix it too.

You can't just heal yourself.

A/n: Hi hi hi everyoneee I'm back! Sorry if this is a bit unclear I wanted to stay in the 1000 words so idk if the story seems to go by too quickly I think that's because it is :) but fear not (LE SSERAFIM MENTIONED RAHH) as I will def revise this but for now enjoy the angsty... I don't know I guess lore drop? Lol but it's good to be writing again and this is probably one of my favorite chapters written so far, pls tell me which one you like (so far) !! Title is inspired by the [AS] trend lolzi okay bye byee - Saturnxneptune