03: Fever

I bowed goodbye and left for school, I knew my sickness could be contagious, and my face was puffy as ever, I put on a mask to cover and prevent the sickness.

The weather was chilly, but it was better than the sun blazing directly on my face.

My head was banging more than ever, my eyes were heavy, but if it means to study more lessons and make my attendance go 100, I wouldn't dare to skip my school, I wanted to be perfect this year after miserably failing the first semester of grade 10.

The school gates are being opened, I put on a smile and bowed to the security before rushing to my class, arriving early meant more peace.

I huffed and stuffed my bag on the chair beside me, I took the seat closest to the window, even if I was one of the top 3 students, I was seated on the back of the class since I was quiet and wasn't popular in any way.

"Ahh..." I yawned out, resting my wrist on the table and putting my head on top, staring at the light blue sky, I closed my eyes and rested for a while.

Seungmin's pov

I greeted everyone in the halls and by the time I got into classroom, it was filled with students. I was taller than the average students so it was easy to spot
y/n, poor little thing, sitting alone...

I smirked as I stared at her observing our classmates chatters and laughters, her eyes were desperate to be like them, I walked to her, snapping her out of her little delusions by tossing the bag to her lap, sitting myself down beside her "Morning loner" I greeted with my usual cold tone of voice, but to my surprise, no answer. I looked to the side and she had her head facing down on the table.

"H-hey. Ahn Y/n??" I kicked her knee, she jumped and squealed, her eyes looked tired and annoyed, I tilted my head, "What's wrong with you now?" I harshly grabbed her cheeks

"I don't feel good..." She said with a hoarse, muffled voice by the mask, that explains why she looks pale and sweating... I pouted before pressing my palm on her forehead, god was it hot.

"Y/n your temperature..." I said with a nervous chuckle, I cleared my throat at her sniff, I looked at her straight in the eyes "Why are you going to school?" I said with a plain tone, she shrugged before fixing her hair and posture "My mother won't listen to me so it's a waste of time convincing her."

"You walked in the rai--"

"I wanted clean attendance too." She said, cutting me off with a smirk.

"At least you still have the strength to answer me..." I mumbled, smiling slightly, relieved.

Y/n's pov

I was starving and thirsty, I hadn't bring any drinks nor money, so the only thing I could do was to sleep in class when lunch time progresses.
I watched everyone got up and leave, crowding the halls quickly, everyone except except for Seungmin, he only stared me down silently, as if waiting for me

"You're not going to cafeteria?" He asked with a slight flush in his ear when I turned around to him, I laughed softly at the sight before shaking my head "I forgot to bring money.." I said with an embarrassed voice to which he sighed "You idiot..." He mumbled, I turned around and I felt the smell of money and the paper hitting my head, I looked up to see 5,000 Korean won bills, my eyes sparkled as I smiled, I chuckled softly as I took it "Really?" I turned to him smirking proudly, I cleared my throat before slowly getting up.

"Thanks" I mumbled as I walked to the cafeteria, him catching up too, I glanced to him before looking down "... I don't need someone to walk with me.." I whispered, adjusting my mask
"You literally have a fever I just don't want you to pass out while walking." He sharply said, as if it was no big deal, I smiled, cause in truth I wanted someone to walk with me and talk as if we're friends.

"Wahh~ it looks so delicious~!!” I looked at my tray of food: a warm kimchi jjigae, rice, and rice cake, smiling as I walked to our table, I set the food down and sat facing him. "Eat up idiot" Seungmin mumbled to which I replied with a simple "Hm"

"... Should I go to the nurse's office?"

"Is that a question?" He narrowed his puppy-like eyes as he glared at me

"I could get a prescription as a proof" I widened my eyes and tilted my head to the side "Well I just thought about it now..." I could've got home earlier-- if I wasn't so tired already

Seungmin had left his food tray on me, I rolled my eyes as I got up "Lazy..." I gave him a side-eye which he stuck out his tongue and laughed

I walked quickly to put the utensils on the dishes, maybe a bit too quickly, the least I could've done was not looking at my steps on the ground...

I felt a shoulder bump harshly, "Sorr--" I turned around, expecting the person to also apologize, but I ended up getting cut off

"Are you blind? Is your neck always making you look down? Jeez you get weirder everyday..." He said loudly, grabbing the attention of Seungmin and some other students, I could see some group of girls laughing in the corner of my eye, and some guys smirking. I went quiet and gulped, I bowed before walking away.

I'm in the wrong again... It's always my fault...