12: Distrust

"Ah..." I hissed in frustration, the only time I could make her life better I screwed it up, because I didn't know better that that bitch Hyejin is so god damn fucking good at manipulating...

I kicked the table's leg, gripping the chair, 'Stupid bit--!'

"Seungmin? Where's Y/n?" Hyejin asks with her usual soft voice, I shot my head around to her with a frown.

"You were the one that made her run away god damn it!" I sighed loudly.

"I--" The girl stammers with a nervous smile.

"Hyejin you fucking ass hole... You'll never grow up will you?" I muttered with a scoff, walking up to her with raised head.

"Aww is the school charm Kim Seungmin having a little crush?? Defending a girl too..." She teased, pouting her lips mockingly, yet I can feel her get more annoyed by the fact I got mad at her.

"Chill it's not like she's going to kill herself because I didn't 'treat her like a friend' once like you said" Hyejin tilts her head as she crossed her arms.

"You had one job..." I scoffed, thinking she's exaggerating about the plan.

"You could also act fake I just wanted to see her smile for once..."

"If you liked her so bad you would've did it instead of using me, knowing damn well I hate her with my whole damn heart..." Hyejin got impatient, rolling her eyes.

"...Why do you hate her so much?" I frowned.

I knew that Hyejin never liked Y/n, but I didn't know that she'd do anything to make her upset, I wanted to know why she never felt the slightest of empathy and sympathy for a girl her age. But quieter, I wanted to know why I was always dragged on her plans.

"You always put your attention on her, even that one time we threw eggs and soil on her birthday you still helped her clean up... And she doesn't deserve it, she doesn't deserve your attention."

"I try so hard to earn your affection and your stupid ass is chasing a girl who doesn't care about anyone."

Hyejin looks down, rubbing her arms with a slight blush, the sight was new, the extroverted, straightforward girl getting flustered

I widened at the confession, but quickly darkened, sighing deeply.

"Are you saying that you're fucking jealous of her? Because I look out for a girl so quiet like her and not you?" I couldn't believe what I heard.

"Is that why you always drag me into your-- your harassings? To 'impress' me by bullying her?"

"Hyejin you can't do this just for a guy!" I sighed in disappointment.

"You're not just a guy! I love you! I love you so much god damn it!" She screams back, almost crying it out.

"And you deserve me! A better girl, a girl who can give you all the compliments you deserve, like how your smile looks beautiful! How you look so cool even when playing soccer!" Her smile widens, taking a step to me in a psychopathic manner.

She chuckles before sighing.

"And well, I thought you'd love to do such things to vulnerable people" She refers to the school bullyings

"You think you know me so well..." I muttered, narrowing my eyes as I shook my head, Hyejin's eyes confused, as if begging 'what do you mean?'

"...I don't like girls who ruins theirs or other people's lives to impress someone, I don't give a fuck about compliments on my looks, I don't like people that think they know me so well, I don't like people who don't want to take the blame,"

"... And so I don't like you for that..." I mumbled, backing away from her before she throws a tantrum as per usual to her childhood habits.

"W-what?!" She breathes heavily, as if in disbelief I didn't like the things she thought I liked.

"Hyejin... Y-you never gave me a chance to speak on my will..." I felt like I kept adding fuel to the fire.

"Oh..."

She stood still, her head low as she hums.

"I'm sorry, I never knew I was so forceful to you..." She looks back up to me with a forced smile.

"I thought you'd... Like me if I was cool like you--"

"Hyejin, no." I shook my head, staring worriedly at her with empty eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'll let you be yourself now, no more tauntings, I promise" She nods, I forced a soft smile, also nodding silently.

"Send your apologies to Y/n, too."

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n..?? Y/n you okay..?"
"Gosh she never pays any mind..."

A voice muffled with my ongoing daydream, I shook out of it, looking around "Y-yeah..." My eyes darts to the woman sitting in front of me with concerned eyes, but I can feel that she's definitely getting tired of me...

"Y/n-ah you can't zone out like this... What happens when you enter a competition and you're just staring at someone?" She scolds in a high pitched voice, I nod with an apologetic smile before going back to listening to her explanations.

A tutor was something I never needed, but my parents always wanted me to join academical competitions to 'make me look good,' or something along the lines. And to exchange my constant leave for afternoon classes.

But the thought of my breakdown, and Seungmin being the witness still left me in shock, what if someone else hears? What if Seungmin talks shit later on? No way, he's more mature than that.

'Y/n focus...' I huffed, slapping my cheeks slightly to wake me up from my fatigue.

I pursed my lips together in boredom of the same understandings of the materials in math, I then checked my phone as soon as I finished doing the equations.

Hyejin class 1 messaged you

"Oh shit..." I mumbled as I took a deep breath, adjusting my seat and checked the notification.

Hyejin class 1

Hyejin class 1
Y/n I'm rlly sorry if I made you
uncomfortable today
I apologize for the way I treated you
all these years.

You
Oh
What made you apologize?

Hyejin class 1
Well min requested me to
Got a problem with it?

You
Request or you actually wanted to do it?
I'm sorry but I'll have to think about it

'Of course Seungmin told her to do it, because he couldn't speak up for himself too.' I scoffed, setting the phone down.