10: Nicer

Y/n's POV:

"Y/n-ah!!" A voice shocked me, I had just run to the school my feet so I took some time to catch my breath.

"Haah... Y-yeah?" I turned around to see the slicked-long hair, I widened my eyes to see that Hyejin called me.

"Y/n are you feeling well now? Your face looks pale like usual." She tilted her head when she got close to me, I frowned as I darted my eyes away in confusion on how to answer that backhanded compliment.

"I--"
"Y/n I'd like to apologize." She cut me off with a pout, I sighed and nodded. "A-alright..."

Both of our eyes went to Seungmin, who surprisingly arrived a few minutes later than me, I glanced back to the taller girl who had her smirk raised.

"A-anyways." Hyejin continued, taking my hand, I gasped softly in surprise and fear.

She took a deep breath with closed eyes, weirdly, I didn't feel anything in this situation, I felt arrogant feeling nothing when someone was trying to get my forgiveness, but I didn't know why.

"Y/n... I'd like to apologize for saying mean words and for always ignoring you..." She squeezes my hands tightly, almost as if she wants them crushed any second. "O-ow..." I mumbled, shaking my hands from her grip but her nails kept digging through my cardigan.

"Y/n." Hyejin returned my attention with her smile disappeared, I gulped with a smile.

"Oh, it's fine... It was a long time ago anyways..." I nodded, and her big grin was regained again with a scream that could quite literally bust my eardrums.

"Thank you Y/n! So are we friends?!" Her big eyes widened further, tilting her head like a doll, I narrowed my eyes in confusion as I looked away to think

"I-- uh--..." My voice stammered

"Yes, she does Hyejin, right Y/n?" A male's voice asked, I darted my eyes at Seungmin, who was smirking as he glared into my soul, I wanted to just crash him out of the window-- he was just taunting me at this point... All because I ran away from him..?

"No, I do--"

"Aw!! I'm officially Y/n's first-ever friend!" Hyejin giggles, squeezing me into a hug, I patted her back in confusion.
'I don't deserve to be cut off. And she needs to stop with her backhanded compliments...' I sighed.

Seungmin's POV:

"Ah, Seungmin--" Hyejin closed the rooftop door behind her when she noticed me, I darted my eyes at her and followed her steps as I took a bite of my snack.

"What do you want?" I mumbled, upset she was the one that came-- and not a person like Y/n, "Why should I have a reason?" She sits down beside me.

"I feel so sorry you had to go through with that idiot of a girl" Hyejin sighed, shaking her head, I chose to stay silent because I didn't know what to say.

"Why are you so silent?" She dragged out two bottles of original soju, I felt horrid seeing the green-tinted bottle near me in school.

"Hyejin for fucks sake why would you do such a thing?!" I sighed, shoving the bottles back to her, I knew she wasn't a good student. But I didn't know she was this ghetto...

"Chill... It's not for you. Wouldn't want to upset a trauma right?" She smirks, putting the bottles back in her backpack, "Just thought it'd be fun to get a coward drunk." She giggles.

"Hyejin..." I mumbled, getting up from my seat I felt my heart jump at her plan.

"I'm not asking you to be a menace to her yeah? I'm asking you to let go of this childish behavior you keep putting on to humiliate and embarrass her."

Hyejin was upset by my response.

"Seungmin you too the fuck? You also cut her hair inches short, you also acted like me so why should I be the one apologizing when you did the same thing?"

"I will! Okay?! Just stop bringing that up to me!" I screeched, stomping my foot to stop the guilty thoughts I bottled up for Y/n, the one that my ego wouldn't give up on.

"I'll do whatever the hell I want..." Hyejin rolls her eyes, crossing her arms.

"Just-- don't get us in trouble..." I stared blankly at her annoyed face, "Whatever."

I left her presence and returned inside.

"Gah..." I exhaled tiredly, rubbing my face with water to relieve the frown I had.

"What's wrong Seungmin?" Youngjae turned to me before I did the same, I only shook my head, I just wanted to find Y/n by now, I didn't want to talk to anyone except her.

I took a couple of tissues and soaked the water on my face before getting out, my senior following behind.

"Noticed your girl is back" He chuckles, I stopped along my steps and forced a chuckle to return a light tension, "Hyejin's just a friend..." I quickened my steps.

"But it wouldn't hurt to hit her now, you two are so close we thought we had juniors to entertain u-- ah..!.." He got cut off with a whine, I sighed in relief and mumbled: "God bless..." When I saw his ear getting pinched by his own girlfriend

"Sorry Minnie. I promise he'll be nicer to juniors next time." Eunjin smiled, I exchanged my appreciation with a bow, "A-ah... Thank you." My voice peeked shy.

"Hng... Anyways. I saw Y/n looking... A bit troubled, you should go talk to her." She nods

"Uhm..."

"Wouldn't hurt to soften up and help someone you care about-- I know you do care for Y/n deep down." Eunjin chuckles, we both wave and bow before, considering her advice.

'Guess I should just hold my ego tight and chase her.' I thought with a smirk and chuckled, looking down as I started walking back to class.

Doesn't hurt to be nice...

A/n: WAH back with a new chapter 🙏 thank you so much for all the reads I will cherish every single one of y'all stays or kpop stans that stumbled over this far into my book, we have finally got on chapter ten!! 🥳🥳 also my hyperfixation and ocd is cringing in my writing style change, god it's making me uncomfortable but I keep forgetting lol. Anyways, finally, the 10th chapter! Fighting on this journey everyone!! Thank you again!! 💕💕
- Saturnxneptune