40

Fika; a moment to slow down and appreciate the good things in life.

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙  ˚*˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

NEW YEARS DAY

River's pov;

In my entire life I have never hosted a house party.

I'm still not but I'm co-hosting if that counts; I think it counts.

Vee's mom is letting us throw a New Year's party over there tonight since nothing else was going on. I pull into her driveway and she comes running out to hop in.

Our agenda today consists of us going to the store to get all the party supplies and food and snacks for later tonight because Vee's mom said if we wanted a party this bad we had to do it all ourself. 

"Hi handsome." She says as she hops in the car, plugging her phone into the aux and throwing her seatbelt on.

"Hi gorgeous." She leans over the middle console and places a fat smooch on my cheek with a little ruffle of my hair.

"I have a list of everything we need so we can get in and get out."

"Alright so what do we need?" I ask and she starts listing everything off.

The more she names off I'm starting to think how is this getting paid for.

"My mom said she wouldn't help set up but she gave me her card." Either I said that out loud or she just knows me that well.

"She's awesome sauce."

Once we arrive at the store, I push the cart and let her lead the way. We go down aisles and aisles grabbing plates, cups, silverware, table cloths, chips, cookies, and drinks. Everything you need for a party she grabbed.

Once we were done shopping we headed to the shortest checkout line and threw all our stuff up on the belt.

"What if this party fails?" She asks as she tosses the last item on the counter.

"It's not going to fail."

"How do you know that?"

"Uh because I'm co-hosting and everyone loves me." I reply in a "duh" tone.

"Ha ha. You're so funny." She deadpans.

"Yeah I know."

She smacks my arm, "you're an ass."

"I'm just kidding, baby. It will all workout because no one will pass up a New Year's party."

"Fine. You're right."

"I know."

Once the cashier rings everything up I almost lose my eyes looking at the total.

$237.62

"Holy shit." Vee mumbles.

Thank god for her mom's card.