Chapter 16: Prewett's Legacy

Penelope Silverthorn walked down the rocky paths of the region with a grievous headache in the process. She may've stumbled over those patterned cemented floors dozens of times on her way to the castle.

You would be wondering why she couldn't just simply taken a Floo method. As if the thought of traveling in one place while having an upset stomach and headache would make things easier.

Penelope took this time to be enthralled by nature. She needed it after the shame she produced the previous night. Perchance, nature wouldn't be disappointed in her. Right?

As she grew closer to the south entrance of the castle, Penelope began to hear chatters and multiple cheers from afar on the flying lawns, realizing classes were in session.

"Ah, splendid!" An old voice sounded afar, "Remember, use Accio carefully upon your colored balls."

Penelope turned, watching her once Charms professor, Professor Ronen, give his students their monthly match of Summoner's Court.

There was an inkling nostalgic moment for Penelope Silverthorn as she watched from afar. Some students cheered while others sat on the lawn, bored.

"Woohoo! I knew it!" Sebastian Sallow's fifth year voice lingered over Penelope's ear at the memories, "You see everyone! Don't underestimate the new students!"

"Didn't you underestimate her in Hecat's class this morning—"

"Piss off, Hobhouse." Sebastian would hiss.

Penelope beamed to herself with the humorous memory of her time at Hogwarts and continued to walk into the castle, preparing for anything.

All Penelope wanted to do was to wash up in a shower full of very hot water and call it a day, but this was no longer the United States or a typical work day. She had heavier priorities.

For once, she took advantage of the little Floo Powder she had and Floo'd it to the Room of Requirement.

The idea of forcibly passing the Defense Against the Dark Arts tower that morning seemed like a challenge. Just to picture entering that building during school hours and hearing the heavy, recognizable voice.

"Thank Merlin for Floo Powder," Penelope whispered as she found herself popping inside that familiar opened space.

Penelope yawned, her eyes burning from the bright light coming from the Vivarium, and entered the open nature, hoping to see her dog Luna around.

To her surprise, Poppy Sweeting stood right by her shoulder, feeding the beasts over the grass and seeming completely normal after a night.

"Poppy?!" Penelope gestured out, wiping her eyes to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.