Chapter 37: Take Your Time, Professor.

"Hmm,"

Penelope slowly turned over on her full-sized bed, her body sinking into the mattress as she felt the presence of someone nearby.

As an eye slowly opened, the morning sunlight filled the room, causing Penelope to squint as she became aware of her surroundings

"Yes, Luna?"

The white furry dog stood, mouth wide open as she gestured at the owls that had arrived upon Penelope's sleep. It must've been important if the dog was waking her.

Then again — Penelope had been oversleeping.

"Oh," Penelope said at the sight before throwing the heavy blankets off herself and standing up in force.

Penelope was taken aback when she spotted the red envelope among the stack of mail. Her confusion turned to disbelief as she snatched the letter from the owl's beak.

"What?" Penelope said in a furrow, snatching the bright letter from the owl and looking down. "No way—"

But her surprise quickly turned to panic as the Howler flared to life, its booming voice cutting through the air and causing her to take several steps back in shock.

Magical Congress of the United States.

"Shit,"

The Howler, representing the authority of the MACUSA President, Emily Rappaport, bore a stern and official tone, its message delivered through the crackling voice it emitted.

"Miss Penelope Silverthorn," President Rappaport's voice boomed. "It might've come to my attention that you are setting stay in Europe more than expected."

Penelope let out a low sigh, crossing her arms and blaming Joshua Rogers for the stubborn rant he might've given the president.

"Your presence is requested immediately upon receiving this howler. No excuses, young lady!"

"What—" Penelope flinched at the loudness.

"Please, use the included Portkey on the recent owl to arrive at my office before noon. Make your way to your stationed ministry, Silverthorn!" President Rappaport's voice kept going.

Penelope kept her arms crossed. Although there was no actual presence that was actually yelling at her, the Howler itself was enough.

"No delays!" Was the last thing said from the parchment before it puffed away in flames and dusted off in the air.

The message was clear for Penelope. She has worked for Emily Rappaport for the last eight years of her life, hell, the woman practically raised her early adult years — there was no choice.