Chapter 38: Welcome (Back) to Hogsmeade

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for sticking with me throughout the storytelling journey of Seb and Pen -- with all its twists and turns. Your support has been incredible, and I can't believe we've hit the 100K milestone together.

Your encouragement means the world to me. Thank you.

EllaSallow

Penelope Silverthorn tried to maintain a casual, nonchalant composure while finding herself sitting arms and legs crossed on a small wooden bench in the far back of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

Her eyes wanted to distract on the souvenirs and trinkets above the ambiance.

Wanted.

Yes, the beautiful moving frames and bewitched sculptures the professor had placed in his class were nice, but was it enough to take her fixation on what was truly happening in front of her?

All Professor Sallow was doing was helping Frederick Cornwell with his homework for a few minutes, that was it.

Yet, Penelope saw a twenty six year old man, leaning on his front desk; his brown sleeves rolled up as a pinch of his hairy arms moved a quill around — how his mouth moved so directly while teaching the student who knows what. His composure was perfect and motivated by his job.

The woman was enthralled.

Penelope tried not to be obvious, but it became difficult while all she heard was music to her ears. Sebastian Sallow's voice was soothing as she kept staring from afar.

"Alright, Fred, give it a try with the quill," Sebastian ordered the student, handing the tool over and keeping his arm rested against the desk.

As the seventh year student attempted to redo the mistake he once committed, the professor's eyes flickered at Penelope, as if he had known the witch's powerful eyes were beaming before him.

Penelope was glad her legs had been crossed and her seat was far away. It would've hidden the obvious flush from getting caught staring and the heat that projected from the alluring teaching.

Sebastian immediately placed his attention back on the student, but by this time Penelope had turned her head purposely on her dog, Luna, trying to pretend like nothing happened.

Sebastian did respond his eyes on Penelope a few more times, but she had already been attentive to the white dog.

A smirk appeared on the professor's face from his scheming tease on catching her glance.