Chapter 36: Children Are Monsters Anyway

Chapter 26: Children Are Monsters Anyway

"Little do you know,
I know you're hurt
while I'm sound asleep."
Alex & Sierra

Penelope Silverthorn's fingers fidgeted anxiously on the wooden desk; she chewed her bottom lip to concentrate on the printed lettering as she blurred out.

Was telling Anne Sallow the truth about her leave a good idea?

Anne wasn't capable of telling Sebastian...was she? No. Anne was Penelope's friend, she was trustworthy, but she was also Sebastian Sallow's twin sibling.

Perhaps, the Prevention of Bearing potion was edging on Penelope's system. The heavy lunatic thoughts were part of the side effects. A normal thought wouldn't have bothered her this much.

"Miss...Silverthorn?"

Penelope broke out of her thoughts, Percy Dumbledore's voice buzzing back to reality as they sat in the Room of Requirement that afternoon.

"Hm? Sorry, yes?" She said in a soft, yet, guilty tone for her ignorance.

Percy's blue eyes wrinkled in a slight concern as he eyed the witch. His eyes were on her hands before landing upward and confessing.

"Your magic, erm," He cleared his throat, innocently, not wanting to expose her and change the ambiance, but he pointed at her fingers.

Penelope looked down at herself and noticed the tip of her fingers glowing with faint magic. Only those who were gifted could see—also known as, Percy Dumbledore.

"Oh," Penelope whispered, wiggling her fingers and reddening knowing it was the effects of her longing emotions. "I...I didn't realize."

Percy leaned his weight more down the conjured studying table between them and furrowed, speaking his truth.

"Are you alright, Miss Silverthorn?"

Merlin, you couldn't trick this young man even if you tried. Even at a close age to adulthood, Percy Dumbledore had expertise in many magical observations. It was somehow scary, but beneficial.

"I...I'm alright," Penelope assured, but she couldn't shake the uneasiness of the magical aura between them. Clearly, Percy could see her magic more than others.

There was a heavy silence between them. If it weren't for the violin music playing softly on the setting afar in the Room of Requirement, it would've been awkward.

Penelope bit the inside of her lip, crossing her arms and leaning back toward her chair as she stared at Percy.

It was clear that the twenty six year old woman was not going to sit there and bicker to a teenage adult about her love life, especially, when the man in place was Sebastian Sallow — a former professor to the man.