Chapter 33: Sebastian's Jealousy

"—You're making a fool out of me,
you got me sprung,
I don't case who sees."
Beyoncé

Sebastian Sallow did not enter his faculty bedroom. He stormed into it while slamming the door behind him with a resounding thud, purposely. The frustration in the man raised high as a mix of jealousy and anger churned him.

His fingers that were once soaked from Penelope Silverthorn's pleasure now ran through his mess of brown hairs, trying to dispel the reality of seeing her with Joshua Rogers.

Sebastian paced around the room before he took a seat on a wooden chair near his office space in the bedroom, his veiny hands twitching with each negative thought that consumed him.

The intelligent mind that usually served Professor Sallow so well now turned against him, creating vivid illusions of Penelope and Joshua together. It was maddening for him — he couldn't shake the scenarios.

Did Penelope really have a choice to go on that bloody mission with him? Sebastian wondered.

Was she still vulnerable enough like he knew her and let that American man get under her skin tonight? No — she wouldn't.

Did she change her outfit? He hoped she had. The image of Penelope being on a quest with ripped stockings between her legs — Merlin, this stirred Sebastian up, madly.

"—we're partners,"

"We do everything together," The voice of Joshua Rogers hummed.

Sebastian grunted, his madness sensing his physical body. He swept stacks of books and documents off the table, sending them crashing to the floor from his frustration. The sound of chaos barely matched the storm inside him.

Perhaps, his behavior was irrational right now. Well, according to his mindset — maybe, Sebastian Sallow wasn't used to seeing Penelope with another. Sure, he might've accepted that fate eight years ago, but now, now that he had her right under him, so close...so close to having her tonight, finally — fuck, the man was not accustomed to seeing her with another. Not now, nor ever.

Was this payback? A hit back like a boomerang for having Penelope witness his engagement to another? No, but boomerangs usually don't come back after the throw.

Sebastian closed his eyes, sighing at the reality of it. His wet lips parted, thinking as he spoke to himself.

"You've consumed me, Pen,"

Sebastian Sallow was in a spiral. He hated it. Accepting his former lover's return and her new life was tormenting. Knowing she had a life before she came back, just like he did, gnawed at him. It was so selfish on his behalf. So hypocritical.