She Has A Past

Jay's POV:

That's random. I look at mom, confused as to why she would ask such a thing when she already knew what we just brought her out of. Looking back to my beautiful mate, I could see the wheels turning in her head. Does she remember having parents?

"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable! You just look so familiar..." Mom stated, voice trailing off like she was really shuffling through faces to find one similar to her.

"Jay, do you still have the missing people files?" Her and my mates' attention were on me now. I picked up the file from earlier that was on the table in front of me. I'm still confused as to why she needs it.

"I don't think I have any. Harper and I were two of the very few babies to make it through the whole nine months and first two weeks." But how do we know that for sure? They could've erased her memories or tortured her until she believed her own lies. Everyone was quiet and no one knew what to think. Thinking about stuff we don't have enough information on won't help us.

Mom squealed before looking up at my mate and me. I tilted my head, walking over to see what she was squealing about. It was the same picture from the dusty yearbook of the pack that I went through to find Erie and Sean. We had figured out after countless hours of searching that Erie had changed her name to Erica and moved to another pack across the country. She's now married with two daughters and a son. After more digging, we found that Erie's husband is Scotty Collins and their children are Zoe Collins who is the oldest, Lola Collins which is middle child, and Legion Collins who is the youngest. We've gotten reports from Gifford and a few other men that Sean was let go a year or two ago and isn't being held any longer. He's now married in a pack about three hours from here to a women named Kennifer Thomason. He also has multiple children, but we couldn't find information on them. 

I looked up, shocked at the resemblance before looking back down to the picture. She looks just like her mom, figure and all, with her father's coloring and markings. 

"Erie told me the name she had picked out for her baby that day of training." Mom whispered with a teary smile. Erie and mom were best friends before everything happened. 

"What was it?" My mate asked, walking towards us. When she saw the picture, she froze. 

"I have parents..." She whispered, getting teary eyed. 

"Mom, what was the name?" I'm finally getting to learn my mate's name. 

"Tori. Erie chose Tori." She laughed, wiping her tears away. They sat and talked for a little bit while I pondered my mate's name. Tori. It had a nice ring to it. 

"Alright. We need to get started. Mom, check their mental states in case there's anything to worry about." I watched mom walk to my mate and gently touch her arm, looking at her and testing different actions and words. This was the initial test; the second test would be seeing glimpses into her life. From how she explained it, it was like your life flashing before your eyes but it's not her life, it'll be my mates. She started and was done just like that and backed up with confusion.

    "Your mental strength is astonishingly strong for what you went through. All I felt was serenity from you. You're so beautiful." She whispered, smiling at my mate before moving to Harper. She did the same thing and looked from my mate to Rachel with a sad smile.

    "You both had similar experiences. You're incredibly strong but your mental state is slowly degrading the longer you are without someone you can trust. All I can feel is love from you. Love and peace. Find your mate, Hun. That'll strengthen your mental state." Mom, in the eighteen years of my life, had never urged someone to find their mate but by the glint in her eye, she already knows who it is. Finally, she turned to Destinee who was looking fidgety and pale. Mom moved slowly and smiled at her before gently touching her arms which she flinched from. After a second, she looked up with shock and took a step back.

"You... You already met your mate." There was a sad look in moms' eyes, one that concerned me but also made me wonder why finding your mate would be bad news. My case is just complicated. 

"I did. He changed though. One day he was my Noah and the next he was a monster. When his father was still in control, he was mine and mine only. Then he became alpha. He just isn't himself. I can't even feel the mate bond when he's around." So that's why. Destinee was crying and I was shocked to see my crazy mate walk over and give her a hug. She hugged her and held her as she broke down. She apologized and she whispered sweet nothings. Turning my attention away from them, I looked to my sister Lex who was staring with sad eyes too. She has a past too. The man she thought was her everything became a man she wished she never met. She and her unborn baby, who we now call Asher or his nickname Peanut, left without a second glance. She has her mate now, but she can relate to that.

"Lex, can you check them for any injuries?" I know she's hurting but I'm hoping by distracting her from seeing Destinee's break down, she'll be busy herself enough to distract her from the hit. She started with Harper and scanned her for any injuries. I had all the men turn around to respect her, though I'm pretty sure they turned around before I motioned anything anyways.

"Jay." Mom's voice sounded but it wasn't her usual cheery tone. This one was serious and when I looked over, I saw Destinee and my mate, Tori, with glowing yellow eyes sitting still with blank expressions. This time it was only the two in the strange vision.

"Just let them be for right now. No one seems to get hurt when this happens. I don't think she can control when it happens." I muttered, watching the two. Studying them and the situation. It seems anytime Destinee feels deep or high emotions, she brings others into her visions.

"What's going on? Is Tori or Destinee causing it?" This was Lex who was now done with Harper's examination.

"It's Destinee. This was another thing we were supposed to talk about." I muttered, still watching.

"I think Destinee can give people visions. She has the gift of vision. Everyone was caught in one early. Apparently, Tori is to be drowned or our whole family is to die by Noah." I grumbled, sour over this fact.

"So now we just wait to see what they say. Lex, can you check Lomen? He got the shit beat out of him, but something happened with the girls and now he's apparently healed." I mumbled, looking over to Lomen who stared at Lex with an uncomfortable expression.