Chapter 12: dinner with sebastian

Leah (p.o.v):

On Wednesday we've spend the day together with mom. We went to pick up little Eddie and took him to the park and then had some late lunch.  The day went by nicely. I was just surprised that Esteban hadn't showed up. He literally didn't even text mom back about the gifts.

The thing about Esteban is that he has always had a little animosity towards mom. Why? Because he grew up with nannies just like Eddie. I actually think he loves Xena more than mom. I get it. My brother also cared more about dad too.

Anyway, Brendan messaged me letting me know how it went with Sebastian and that I was missed dearly.  He also send me some notes from school that I wrote down.

Thursday

Thursday went by so quick. I was so excited to see my best friend! I literally ran to his car when he picked me up and gave him a nice hug.

"I know it's only been one day and a half since I've seen you but I missed you. Also ugh I can't believe I missed after school work with Sebastian."

"Well you were missed but I can do your job too haha, so how are things with your mother?"

" it's pretty good, I missed her so much but my little brother is not reacting well.  He is extremely distant from mom and Esteban too. It's awkward. This morning she wanted to have breakfast with all Of us and Esteban was like 'I'm too busy right now'"

"I mean, you've seen how many projects and homework Sebastian has on his class. Ryan has been busy too but I get it. You're mom is here for only two weeks."  Brendan said.

"Yeah." I said not trying to get too deep into the topic. I get that my brother is busy with university but mom is here for only two weeks! You can find time to have breakfast with us.

Once school was done, I knew on Thursday Sebastians is off early and goes running on the beach.

Brendan dropped me off at home. "I'll text you later okay?" I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for always being there for me." I added. I meant it. Brendan is such a sweetheart.

Once I got home, I knew I had some time to change and go to the beach and accidentally run into Sebastian.yes, maybe it's a little stalker-ish but the beach is my backyard. I have a legit excuse to be there. Plus not to look I also I had a reason to "run into him".

I put on an oversized sweaters with two skeletons dancing and a pair of Jean shorts. Some basic sandals. Walked down the beach and it was very windy, my hair kept blowing everywhere and getting stuck to my lipgloss. So annoying.

I made it close to the water and took my sandals off, I just love feeling the waves on my toes and sometimes I feel like just going for a swim. We should do that now that mom is back. Have a beach day with the family.

"Well, well, well... Miss Boyer?" I looked over my shoulder with a smile because I knew who it was. Sebastian.

"Hello Mr. Ulliel, how are you?"

"I'm good and you?"

"I'm good. I just... I knew you were going to be around for your jog. I wanted to ask you something."

"Oh, okay. What is it? Are you okay?" He asked getting closer and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I've been worried about my brother. Ever since mom is back, he's been distant with everyone. I guess I wanted to ask if you have noticed anything different with him?"

"Leah, your brother is literally one of my top students and he still is.  Esteban is not one of those students who would come to me for advise so I cannot tell you if I noticed anything."