Chapter 6: backfired !

Leah(p.o.v)

Brendon had just left my house.
I was upset. He tried to steal Sebastian from me and no I don't mean literally but he basically stole my idea.
It didn't work out obviously but it still made me very upset.
I mean forget Sebastian for a little. Brendon is supposed to be my best friend. We hangout every day. We hang out so often that even my
Mom knows him. How you might ask if she's not even in the country?FaceTime.
But yet on Thursday he went behind my back to see Sebastian.
The night we cooked together, he didn't mention anything.  I specifically mentioned to him how excited I was to go to the university after school. He even wished me good luck...
I'm upset because he was expecting Sebastian  to say No to ME, thats what pisses me off!
He could have been upfront about wanting Sebastian as a mentor instead of deceiving me.

Brendon(p.o.v)

I had a nice talk  with my brother. I have to admit I missed him. Ever since he started college, we never see him around the house.
He was always hanging out with his "boys" and going after girls which makes sense, if I was in college I would do the same. I just missed him so I was glad he decided to stay for the night.
It also helped me get distracted. I was trying to avoid thinking about Leah. I know, I was selfish BUT even though she got mad, I was glad Sebastian accepted both of us. Ryan won't stop gushing about Sebastian, Esteban won't stop either so I got a good deal. I love Leah but school is school! I needed the best of the best.

Only down side was that Leah got mad... and that I was starting to like her more than friends.  Who is stupid enough to start liking a girl who is obsessed with another man? Me.
I am that dumbass. I wish she could open her eyes. I wish I could open my eyes... and see other girls.
I never mention it to her but girls hit on me. juniors, seniors even freshman although freshman's are too  young for me... but no, my dumb idiot self wants Leah... her weird obsession with lion king, her stupid Disney playlist, she makes me listen to. Her interest into serial killers. The way she looks into my eyes, the way she listens to me and never forgets anything I tell her about me. I don't know what it is  about Leah but she's so unique. I bet she doesn't even see it herself.

My birthday was coming up and there was no way I was going to spend it without my
Only friend here.  Yes, what I did was very asshole-ly BUT in my defense I was really trying to protect Leah, so she has to understand that. Right?

Leah (p.o.v)

"Ugh I still need to do pre calc homework." I realized as soon as Brendon left.

"I'll have to search for a video on this topic." I said to myself. But I could not focus.. I got into a fight with my best friend. I felt horrible.

If you ever suffered through anxiety you know THAT feeling. Heaviness on your chest, not being able to speak because you're scared your voice might crack.

I hate confrontation and even more  when it involves someone I care so much about. I hate fighting with my B.

****

I went to the university where I saw Lydia sitting by the desk, she gave me a half smile which I was starting to get used to. It just seems she doesn't like her job at all.

"Good afternoon"I said to her "is Mr. Sebastian in his office?"

"Yes. As always, he is." Lydia said obviously annoyed. I rolled my eyes and just went in the office.

There he was sitting down drinking coffee while reading some book that looked very umm vintage? What I had learn about the professor was that he loved to read and collect incunable books. I learned that word and about those rare books thanks to him. He is so intelligent and passionate about his career. Not only had I learned that I liked his personality but I also realized that I admire him.