Twins

Weeks had passed since arriving at the orphanage. Our main character, Kallous, won the hearts of many, including the young orphans.

At first, the young orphans initially tried to bully him since they didn't like the notion of a new child joining into their group.

Keyword: tried.

However, upon seeing him, the naive children were enchanted by his cuteness and the allure of his otherworldly charm, began to regard him as their own little brother.

They clambered around him, offering him their toys, and sheltering him from the meaner kids, calling him their 'son' in their own words. Despite the adults' refusal to let them formally adopt him, the children were satisfied with their new role of protective older siblings..

Kallous, who was unaware of the children's decision, was busy working on his mission.

With the assistance of Allyn, his precious system, he was nearly finished with his first task, with only a small number of people remaining.

How, you may ask? The answer is simple.

All he had to do was use his face value, aka 'feign innocence', and the system's high-quality food collection to share it with everyone he crossed paths with.

No one could deny good food, and when handled correctly, it may become a powerful tool for gaining people's trust.

Naturally, several unfortunate staff members questioned him about how he obtained it, especially since the orphans were prohibited from accessing the kitchen, and in response, Kal quietly silenced them.

Because of the unique nature of the food in the system, Kallous, as its sole owner, has the authority to alter or add anything —including poison —to the food, even after it has left its source.

This function assisted Kal in dealing with several bothersome humans that dared to disturb his quality time with himself. Well, as for the bod —ahem... leftovers, he simply took them to the system space.

Using the system for such a purpose had no drawbacks, which was convenient for him.

However, such freedom could easily be abused and used for more malicious purposes, a fact that Kal was well aware of.

Kal never questioned why he was given this system; not that he will ever regret having Allyn, he figured that it's a golden finger more suited with main characters like in any other isekai novel he read about.

Unlike himself.

Not that he will ever regard himself as a protagonist .

Regardless of the real reason, Kal never hesitated to live this life according to his terms.

As long as his goals are achieved, who cares?

It didn't take long for the staff to notice the loss of its members, which Kal had anticipated and was unconcerned about.

He knew that even if they filed a report, Lucy, as the head of the orphanage, would attempt to compensate them rather than conduct a general investigation for fear of rumours breaking out.

The Elpis knights were already suspicious of the orphanage's activities, so if word got out that workers were disappearing, they would definitely seize the opportunity and intervene to initiate an official investigation.

That's a risk Lucy won't take.

And she never will, if she's smart.

Therefore, Kal had no intention to stop. at least not until his tasks are dealt with.