Adoption?

It took three days for things to settle down at the orphanage. In those three days Kallous was attacked by Ian's ever so growing attachment.

It started out really simple: a few greetings here and there, handing over gifts—cookies, to be precise. Kallous had a feeling that Ian knew of his weakness for food and took full advantage of it, knowing full well that he wasn't one to reject such gifts.

In the end, it wasn't long before Ian's actions became more.. advanced? He would take his sweet time to wake him up for breakfast.

To Kallous' dismay, he was far worse than Allyn's horrible alarm clock, but what could he ever do?

Faced with the pink head's blinding smile and Ivan's—who obviously followed his brother for safety reasons—apologetic look, Kallous was forced to get out of bed, dash to the nearest escape room, aka the bathroom, and run away while maintaining his stoic face.

Then, Ian would act like a knight in shining armour whenever the kids tried to 'kidnap' Kallous. Ian took every chance he could find to proclaim his friendship with the silver eye child.

True to Ian's actions so far, he kept his presence known to Kallous anywhere and everywhere he went, be it the dining hall, the garden, and even the playground.

The only positive thing that came from all of this is that the kids didn't disturb him whenever the twins were around.

To simply put it, having the twins around had its pros and cons. Kallous overlooked the cons for the sake of the mare peace he gained when he needed it.

The twins never bothered him when he wanted to rest or be alone. However, they both stayed by his side in silence as if guarding him.

Even Ivan started to warm up to Kallous, even by a little.

In the end they are just kids.

Friendship is just weird sometimes, but that's what makes it special.

Hopefully, Kallous would understand that sooner than later.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The time had finally come, and the orphanage hall buzzed with chatter as kids of all ages filled the space, laughter and voices bouncing off the high ceilings.

Candles flickered along the walls, their soft glow casting a warm light over the large room. And as you could somehow guess, our poor main character—don't tell him I said that—was stuck in the middle of it all.

"Please pass me the honey; my pancake is almost perfect." one of the older boys with greasy hands called out, his voice rising above the noise. His friends, brave enough to sit next to Kal, laughed as they handed over the sticky jar.

"Hand me the orange juice and I'll give you the honey." another one bartered, lazily munching on a sandwich.

"Hey! That's mine. Give it back!" A side character across the table shouted, half-climbing onto it to grab an apple someone had swiped.

Kal sat among them, eyes glazed over, wondering for the hundredth time how he ended up here. His hand idly twirled a spoon in a chocolate pudding cup that he had yet to fully enjoy.

'I should've stayed outside.' he thought with a sigh, mentally escaping the chaos around him.

"Settle down sweet hearts, It's time for the main event."

Lucy called out, her voice cutting through the din like a sharp bell. She stood at the head of the room, her ever-smiling face in full display. Beside her, Cian—now recovered and looked as smug as ever—smiled at the assembled children.