Resilience

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING! This chapter is not for those with weak hearts (Maybe?); skip the first part if you find it disturbing.
────────✩₊⁺⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧────────

『 Kallous' POV 』

"Welcome, Kallous. We've been expecting you."

Kal almost smiled. Almost. His heart didn't pound, his pulse didn't race. Instead, he stepped forward, letting his eyes adjust to the gloom as he studied the figure before him. He felt Allyn stir within his mind, he found it cute, adorable even, when she worries for him.

✿'Stay alert, Kal,' Allyn whispered, her voice tinged with urgency. 'Something isn't right.'

"You've been expecting me?" Kallous's voice was soft, laced with polite curiosity. He tilted his head, letting a faint smile curl at the edge of his lips. "How flattering, is there a reason?"

"Patience," the figure replied, their voice too smooth, too rehearsed. "You'll learn everything in time."

─'Allyn—' Kal began.

✿'No need, already on it,' she interrupted briskly.

A screen appeared displaying the details of the figure before him:

Name: Elias.

Race: human.  Age: 30.

SB: Locked.     Rank: E-.

Title: /.

STR: 21

STA: 24

INT: 43

END: 29

LUCK: 19

> Upgrade the system to show the rest of the status.

The man in a lab coat emerged, sharp-featured with cold eyes—the kind of eyes that catalogued weaknesses the way a butcher examines cuts of meat.

"Dr. Elias," the man introduced himself. "I'll be conducting your... training."

✿ 'Training?' Allyn echoed, her digital tone brimming with skepticism. 'Kal, there's a side quest attached to this! Wanna see?'

He sighed internally. 'A quest right now? Really?' But curiosity got the better of him. 'Alright, show me.'

➢ YOU HAVE UNLOCKED A SIDE QUEST.

[TESTAMENT OF RESILIENCE]

DIFFICULTY: F+

In the crucible of trials, your spirit finds its strength.

Endure the dark, for dawn brings light anew.

With every wound, resilience blooms.

Survive the torment, let courage be your guide.

The reward awaits, a testament to your unwavering heart.

To you, the one who challenges such fates.

make us proud and break its string.

☆QUEST CLEAR REWARD⇩

Skill ticket.