Jackets | 6

I looked up confused after hearing my name. My sisters face wore relief like no other. "Ugh! Finally. You were impossible to find. Let's go. It's crazy in here."

My sister grabbed my hand and we trudged through the crowd. The cool air hitting our faces was so refreshing. "That was so much fun! Thank you for bringing me!" I smiled widely. "You're welcome! Oh my gosh! Wait here! I forgot my jacket inside! I will be right back!!" I ran inside and headed for backstage.
_____

"I didn't see her sir. I looked everywhere. She's not here anymore." Joe frowned and patted the tall man on the shoulder and motioned for him to go home. "Thank you for looking." Defeat took over his body as he looked at the empty couch. Everything was cleaned up from this evening's events except for a small white coat that he hadn't seen before. He moved it to the side and sat down. Nick had gone to be with Priyanka and Kevin was somewhere entertaining his girls and Dani while everyone waited for the okay to leave the venue. The leather was cool against his skin. A sip of whiskey burned down his throat. His eyelids grew heavy and his head rested on the back of the couch as he closed them. Sleep took over his body all too quickly.
____

"Hello? Is anyone still here? I just need to grab my jacket." I entered the backstage area, hearing no noise from the room ahead of me. Joe was asleep on the couch as I tip-toed in, my jacket beside him. I wanted to say hi because I didn't get to earlier but he worked so hard tonight. I decided I shouldn't wake him up. I gently grabbed the jacket and left quietly. The walk back to my sister was a lot calmer this time. The fans were gone. All that was left were a few lingering security.

"Thanks for waiting!" I wrapped my arm around Brooke as we left the arena.

_____
"Joe! It's time to go!" He sprung awake and rubbed his eyes. His surroundings remained the same only he noticed the coat was missing. It must've been Dani's. Standing up and finishing the last of his whiskey, he sighed remembering this evenings events.

*what do we think so far? ❤️ i love it. 🤧 also, is it time for my two love birds to finally meet again?*