Chapter 5: The Lord's Summon

[Appraisal: ! DANGER ! This monster is a rank A bipedal type known as a Devil Ogre. It features thick skin that makes it impervious to normal swords. High caution and hit-and-run tactics are advisable.]

"Oh, fuck me sideways..." I cursed after seeing one big monster right in front of me. It was huge, big like ramming seven trucks is a piece of cake for this guy. It was overwhelming for us to encounter such a bigger threat right now, but we have to eliminate the anomaly with our current weapons.

"Wolfpack! Don't let it get you, stay out of its range!! Use your guns to take that son of a bitch!" I started to give out my orders as they nodded and racked their guns by bolting to cycle the round before aiming at the ogre.

GRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The loud roar filled the room, causing a strong tremor on the ground, seemingly creating pressure overwhelming the prey and decreasing morale to feel such a tremendous amount of fear. It seems like it's one of the predators. The legs started to bend and curl to prepare for a leap ahead in our direction. Later, it charged swiftly. We all started to dive away from our former location then started to get ourselves back on our feet.

"Shoot while running and hiding!!!" Everyone did what I said as we all fired our guns; some of them took cover behind the rocks and columns of the boss room, while others, including myself, used run-and-gun tactics to divert its attention, not letting the ogre tackle Derek, as they hid behind the columns when they shot.

RATATAT!! RATATAT!!! RATATAT!!
BANG BANG BANG BANG!!
DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW DEW!!!!!

The 5.56mm couldn't penetrate the skin due to its thick layers, like a woven type kevlar, but despite all that, the ogre felt the pain because of the force of impacts from bullets in contact.

"Reloading!!!" Horus shouted while replacing an empty magazine from his rifle with a full capacity mag then returned to fire.

The ogre flinched when Sorana and Tatania shot it on the back of the head, after which they started to relocate before the boss charged. Aiming my gun at the ogre by 12 degrees above the legs, I pulled the trigger on the grenade launcher undermount and later detonated it, damaging the shin by shrapnel and pebbles thrown out by the explosion. It stunned the ogre, yet not enough to eliminate it because it has regeneration to heal.

"Fucking hell, it has a healing factor! Fuck!!!" Taurus cursed in dismay after witnessing the formidable creature's ability to heal itself.

I saw Lilian discharge a large fire right at the chest, leaving a burn mark, making the ogre scream louder in pain.

"Liliana, step back!!!" Derek shouted as he pushed her away and quickly used his shield before the ogre charged directly, then flew him with a strong kick. He was lucky to be alive by that force yet he inflicted an arm injury after the splinter of the shield punctured after receiving the force.

"Derek!!!" Liliana screamed for Derek, who was lying in pain. Horus picked him up and brought him farther away from our current location within the area, followed by Liliana to treat the wounds.

"Taurus! Cover me, I'll use the LMG!!!" I told Taurus to give me cover fire while sprinting towards the machine gun to suffice the firepower after incapacitating Derek by injury.

The sling of the LMG hung across my shoulder, and I firmly held the stock by gripping it with my arm and hips. Shooting two guns at once, yet I wouldn't be able to use my holographic sights when dual-wielding.

One bullet went straight through the eye after Sorana shot at the head, causing it to scream again, but it also went berserk as it threw different objects at us, then started ramming randomly. It was very dangerous than earlier and should be more cautious because the ogre had turned pandemonium due to extreme pain.