Chapter 13: The Capital

=3rd P.O.V=

The two familiar men were standing at the front of the exquisitely decorated double doors, where they were guardsmen by royal custodians armed with powerful magical spears. The interior of the corridor was lavished with gold lining on each edge while expressing such impressive paintings on the ceiling. The walls and columns were made of clear white marble. The floor has bright red carpet with black and white tiles underneath.

"Why is my son taking too long?" Kirov has been impatient for minutes after they reached the castle. Horus uttered to his father that he has something to take care of, so he'll take time.

""Pretty sure he'll come here... Oh there he is." - Lord Lucas Shawn.

Kirov saw his son wearing another peculiar outfit yet showing authority, which may be acknowledged as an officer uniform used for formal gatherings. Horus wore a black uniform that strikingly resembled the Waffen SS, except Genji removed all the symbols related to the Nazis and replaced them with the insignia of a wolf head that has two rifles underneath it on his hat and left sleeve. The uniform has a black commander hat, a white polo with a necktie, and a supporter underneath the black coat that has two pockets on the chest. He had two belts, one thin belt hanging from the left shoulder of the coat to the right belt line of the hip part, and the bigger one was on his hip, holding a pouch bag for his six pistol magazines, a holster for his Browning Hi-Power pistol, and a scabbard for his saber, both of which were placed on his right hip. He has black trousers and black leather boots reaching his knee. Horus also wears a black trench coat made out of leather. There is also an exception in Genji's perspective about removing the symbols or details of the uniform, namely the iron cross. It has a black cross with metallic chrome on the exterior and a black, red, and white ribbon attached to his coat pocket.

"Hey dad.""—Horus

"What the? You look more like a real soldier than a knight or adventurer. You've grown up, son." Kirov uttered with a smile.

"Don't get too emotional for now, dad. We have a lot of things to take care of first. Genji gave me this suit.".

"You're like noble. Way too striking and mighty; I like it. Does Genji have it too?" - Lord Lucas Shawn

"Yes, as all of the officers and Wolfpack, of course." Horus

"Well, I hope the king doesn't mind letting you all own an army," said Lord Lucas Shawn while chuckling.

"But your excellency, I don't think we can continue being adventurers." - Horus

"Oh, you surely jest. You can actually lead an army while being an adventurer at the same time. Besides, I'm very impressed on how you were able to train thousands of them for at least weeks. That's a crazy feat that even great generals would take months or years to make the soldiers combat effective. That's remarkable, Horus." - Lord Lucas Shawn.

"That's my boy.""—Kirov

They chuckled at each other before hearing the announcement from the custodian.

"Emperor Augustus, I hereby present the Lord of Ontoria, Lucas Shawn Von Riesefield! The vice commander of royal knighthood, Kirov Hecate! And representative of Wolfpack, an adventure group that leads thousands of volunteers, Vice Alpha Horus Hecate!"

The doors have opened, and the trio has now made a step forward on the red carpet, presenting themselves to the ruler of the Midgareia Empire.

"Thousands of volunteers led by adventurers? That's absurd."

"Very far-fetched to acknowledge."

"He looks too young to be a vice. Pretty sure it's just a joke."

Horus couldn't help but hear the bickering and gossip from the nobles who were standing on both sides of the carpet. 'How shameless they are to gossip in the presence of the Emperor...' Horus felt such disappointment for them that he turned his gaze to Lord Lucas, who clicked his tongue out of frustration. I guess he found out he wasn't the only one who was disappointed in the nobles.