Chapter 3: Dungeon and Danger

-Genji's POV-

I left the inn early in the morning after having breakfast and headed to the guild. Unlike yesterday, the environment had changed, probably due to the performance I showed yesterday.

Equipped:
New Gen Ballistic Helmet with a tactical flashlight, radio communicators, ear protectors, blinker, protective eye goggles, and reflector.
Protective gloves, elbow and knee pads.
Tier 3 Lightweight Ballistic Carbon Steel Armor Plate Carrier Vest with 7 Magazine Pouches for Carbine Rifle, 10 rounds of 40mm frag grenade, and 2 for Sidearm Pistol, Bags for Gadgets, First aid kits, Grenades, sheath for knife, and Machete.
Belt for 5 pistol magazines, disposal bag, extra survival kits.
Ontario Combat Machete.
Combat Kabar Knife.
Military Pack Bag contains a sleeping bag, MRE, tent, first aid kits, medicines, pack of cigarettes, and a lighter.
Thigh strap pistol holster.
HK416 14.5-inch barrel carbine rifle with ARS suppressor, Knight Armament pistol handle, mounted holographic red dot sight, Titanium alloy heavy-duty trigger, and undermounted M203 40mm Grenade launcher.
Beretta M92FS with a holographic delta sight, flash hide compensator, extended mag.
Analog-Digital Wristwatch.

I noticed many neophytes staring at me as if they had seen a terrifying monster. I looked at them and slightly waved my hand, causing them to suddenly flinch and move away. It was unusual to feel their attitude change, but I decided to grab a stick of cigarette from my pocket, light it up with my lighter, and sat down on the chair to ease my mind and relieve myself from anxiety. I stared at my surroundings while holding my cigarette, waiting for the announcement. The rifle leaned against the wall beside me, and I glanced at my wristwatch to check the time. It was 8:30 am, 30 minutes before 9:00. Suddenly, a mysterious person in a white cloak tripped in front of me with a staff, and a book fell on the floor. Some of the neophytes chuckled after seeing the scene, but no one bothered to help her. These guys...

I put my cigarette between my lips before approaching her and started to pick up her stuff, helping her to stand up. Our eyes met instantly. Her amber brown eyes with thick eyelashes charmed me, along with her heart-shaped head, reddish lips, thin nose, and brown hair. She looked like a pretty doll that every young girl admired the most.

"M-mister?"

"Uh, yeah! Here." I snapped back to reality after being called, handing the book and staff back to her.

"T-thank you," she uttered softly and shyly.

"No problem. Take care of yourself, always," I told her as she bowed before walking away from me.

She's cute...

"Attention on front!!!" The same adventurer from yesterday, whom I suplexed during the hand-to-hand combat exam, shouted to grab all the neophytes' attention. I scrubbed the blaze on the polymer shell from my glove's palm before tossing it into the trash. We watched the guildmaster walk to our front and stand up with such overwhelming dignity and intimidating aura. Talking about the toughest of the tough.

"Glad to see you all here as this is the last day of examination. If any of you fail, you better come back next year, understood?!"

"YES, GUILDMASTER!!!" The neophytes screamed in sync. Hannibal seemed satisfied as he saw us having high energy today.

"Good! Now, Leslie! Dirk! Group Everyone by 7!" Hannibal commanded the two adventurers, which they obliged.