Chapter 5.5: Analogy of Monsters

Hi guys, this is your author, and today we'll talk about the monsters that our protagonists encounter.

Goblin - Goblins are bipedal monsters with an average height of 1-1.5 meters and a weight of 21 kg. They feature green skin and large ears. Goblins have different forms depending on how they are illustrated or described by authors of the story, but they all have common traits:

• They are fast and nimble.
• Low IQ, yet they know how to use weapons.
• Initially equivalent to Rank F, but when grouped, their rank can rise to Rank C-B.
• They are enticed by gold and women, so it's better to have proper training and equipment to deal with them.

Goblins have the choice to evolve, either turning into Hobgoblins or Magician Goblins. As they continue to evolve, they may become either Goblin Kings or Goblin Sorcerers, known as Rank B-A.

Red Wolf - Unlike Silver, Grey, Black, Night, or Snow wolves, red wolves are the most vicious and are known for their bloodlust behavior. This breed, also known as blood canines, is exiled from their entire family due to their dark attributes. Entire wolf clans remain cautious when encountering red wolves; otherwise, they may turn into one of them if bitten, leading to genetic infestation and malignant mutation.

Undead - The undead is a necrotic-type monster resulting from long-term exposure to the warp miasma engulfing the Ontoria Dungeon. However, they can be killed in several ways. It's preferable to keep a distance, or you may turn into one of them if bitten during an attack by skeleton-type undead.

There are two types of undead:

Zombie - Manifested with dark saliva, which is able to infect and turn victims into zombies.

Skeleton - Has the ability to use weapons such as swords, axes, and spears.

Cave Spider - This monster was supposedly faced by Neophytes, but due to the malevolent miasma engulfed within the dungeon, they became nutrients for the Devil Ogre, Gluttony King Slime, and many more monsters. This occurred at the deepest part of the dungeon before the adventurers and guild staff came in for inspection. They have blue and black coloring on their endoskeleton with a length of 13ft long and 12ft wide.

Slime - These monsters were supposedly faced by Neophytes, but due to the miasma, they started to combine with each other and fuse all their nuclei into one, resulting in their evolution.

Gluttony King Slime - This evolution is massive, about 14ft tall and 23ft wide. It's able to devour prey after catching them with tentacles, but dissolving the prey is very slow. It's an agonizing pain for the unfortunate soul, just like what happened in Chapter 4.

Devil Ogre - The anomalous bipedal-type monster mutated and evolved due to the miasma, causing abnormal developments such as thick skin and bull-shaped horns. It's very tall, strong, big, and fast, capable of wiping out an entire platoon with its prowess. The reason why the rifles used by Tatania, Sorana, and the LMG used by Genji (after Derek got injured by the Devil Ogre) are able to pierce the skin of the Devil Ogre is because of the caliber used in their guns. The 7.62x51mm, .30-06, and 7.62x39mm NATO have higher stopping power and penetration levels compared to the 5.56x45mm used in M16, HK416, XM177 CAR-15, and M4 block 2, but they can cause internal shock trauma due to the impact creating violent vibrations, resulting in tremendous pain.