Chapter Three

Alexia woke to the sound of someone singing softly in the kitchen, it was a cute melody with a very soulful voice she laughed to herself.
She checked her phone still no text from Olga which isn't unusual as she doesn't text much anyway but Alexia had been out all night.

Alexia climbed out of bed and was witness to Jay singing away to herself whilst taking tablets and making coffee and pancakes.
"Bon dia" her crutches making noise on the hardwood floor as she moved across the apartment.
"Morning sorry did I wake you?" Alexia laughed.
"Yes but I loved your singing, are you always this happy in the morning?".
"No but I've just taken my tablets so I should calm down in about half an hour" Jay smiled pouring them both a coffee.
Alexia looked at Jay puzzled, Jay laughed and explained further "I have adhd Alexia which means I'm on one as soon as I wake up as I haven't had my medication since yesterday morning".
"Adhd?" "So I'm very hyperactive and have trouble focusing without it as well as many other things but that's boring. Here's your coffee" she grinned passing Alexia a mug.
Alexia had never heard of it she would look it up later.

"Did you sleep okay?" "Si your bed is very comfy" Alexia answered smiling.
"I can send you the link of the mattress designer if you want? I have to have a specially made mattress because of my... never mind".
Jay started serving up the pancakes as Alexia wondered what Jay was about to say but didn't finish.
"Gracias" "Nutella?" Alexia eyes bulged out of her head she loved Nutella, "si por favor" Jay laughed at the Spanish girls excitement passing her the Nutella which she heaped on her pancakes again wolfing them down.

"What's the plan today?" Alexia asked now she had finished the pancakes, "it's a surprise but I need to test the movement of your leg first so it may be a bit uncomfortable but won't be painful I can assure you".
Alexia nodded in agreement and sipped on her coffee Jay had made for her.
"How are you feeling?" Jay asked not really wanting to but felt like she needed to check the welfare of her client.
"I'm okay, a bit stressed and confused but okay" "confused?".
"Si, the injury the argument last with Olga it's a lot. I can't help but think it's my fault".
"It's not.." Jay whispered quietly but Alexia overheard.
"It is my fault I haven't been giving her enough attention".
"She hasn't been giving you enough attention Alexia I've seen that in the last couple of days".
"Stay out of it" and with that she limped off out of the door and Jay hung her head again knowing that although she was trying to get Alexia to see she wasn't the problem she had perhaps again stepped over the mark.
5 minutes later she received a text.

Alexia - thank you for letting me stay.
Jay - no worries anytime.
Alexia - I won't be able to make rehab today I have lunch with my mother and sister.
Jay - enjoy see you tomorrow.

Jay knew it was an excuse and that made the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach grow even bigger.
Jay cleaned up the kitchen chucking the remains of breakfast in the bin and placing the plates in the dishwasher before indulging herself in a long hot shower.
Because of Alexias cancellation she didn't have a lot to do today so she planned on going out on her Ducati and grabbing a coffee in town somewhere.

Meanwhile Alexia arrived home to her apartment and was met by silence. Olga had already left leaving her alone again, the feeling of sadness within her was becoming overwhelming and she knew what Jay had been reiterating this morning was true but she wasn't ready to accept it.

Alexia text her sister to see if she wanted to meet for coffee to which she obliged she knew her older sister probably needed the company, less than an hour before Alba would arrive Alexia did her daily exercises and got in the shower.

The ride into the more rural areas was beautiful it was a hot day and Jay stupidly opted to not wear leathers instead going for cut off Jean shorts and cropped white top which showed off her tan and muscles.
After riding for about an hour she pulled over to a coffee shop in town to get a bite to eat and a coffee, she sat scrolling through her emails and making plans for Alexias rehab hoping to get her off of her crutches in the coming days. She was desperately trying to not think of this mornings encounter which left a sour taste in her mouth.