« This Harrison boy is in love with my little girl »

When you stormed into the kitchen, your parents stopped midway the conversation they were having with each other and glanced at you, bewildered.

« Hello, miss Tornado », your father greeted you with a playful grin. « How was your day? »

Your father had just come back from work. He was enjoying a cup of tea, that your mother had made for him.

« A bit difficult, dad. But it's much better now » You planted a quick kiss on your father's cheek.

« Oh, what was that for, Princess ? » He gave you a surprised look.

« Just like that, dad... Because I love you. And because I'm grateful that you love me for who I am », you said, remembering George's words. You father gave you a puzzled glance. He knew there was a special meaning hidden within your words. But he was failing to understand it yet.

« It feels good to see you happy again, Sweetheart », your mother beamed at you. « I was worried »

« I know, Mum... I'm sorry for that. I'll tell you what happened later. All is good now »

You went and hugged her tight : « Thank you for being my wonderful mum », you whispered to her, as her eyes grew wide with surprise at your words.

« By the way, have you seen George ? », she suddenly asked. « He brough us some pastries. I sent him upstairs because he asked me if he could bring you some »

« What ? » You looked at your mother, searching for your words. «He asked  for it ? »

You couldn't believe George had actually asked your mother if he could bring the pastries himself to you.

Your mother nodded at you, smiling : « He did. Isn't he just sweet? »

« Yes », you said, your thoughts wandering back to him again. Your voice was so low that your mother had probably not heard your reply.

Pouring the cold chocolate liquid out of the cup into a saucepan, you placed it on the hot plate. Whitin a few minutes, the chocolate liquid was hot again.

Perfect for George... , you thought. An unintentional smile appeared on your lips.

« You're smiling » Your dad's voice brought you back to reality.

« What ? » you asked him, confused. You hadn't been aware of your own smile.

Your father just grinned at you, making you blush.

Lowering your eyes, you started to make another cup of chocolate for yourself.

« Is the first cup of chocolate for George ? », your mother's voice came from behind you.  She had been silently observing your actions.

You nooded at her in approval

For some reason, you added: « He made me understand a few things about my own value and about how much Jaz means to me »

Your mother obviously failed to understand what you were meaning to say. But she gave you a warm smile eventhough.

« I'll tell you everything later, mum », you smiled back at her.

« George and I are having a chat in my room », you quickly added as another smile made its way to your lips.

Lifting his eyes up from the work documents he had he has immersed himself in, you dad gave you a suspicious look. This was the very first time he was hearing his daughter saying that she had let a boy in her room. A boy she hardly knew, on top of that...