Being the centre of unecessary attention

The next minute, George was standing next to his brothers, slightly out of breath.

He had probably sprinted from his home to the pavement, where all of you were standing. His eyes grew wide the minute he recognized you.You gave him a gentle smile.

« Speak of the devil... » Harry chuckled, winking at you. You instantly felt blush spread on your cheeks. Those Harrison boys had a knack for making you blush.

« Chandler ? What are you doing here ? Is everything all right ? »

Concern was written all over George's face, as questions kept streaming out of his mouth.

« I'm fine, George », you gave him yet another warm smile.

« No worries, little brother. Here's what happened: We were playing football. The ball flew towards this pretty lady's direction when Tom kicked on it. But she didn't get hurt in any way. That's all »

« That's all ? George asked, raising his voice one octave higher on the last word.

You could see he was clenching his lips.

« Calm down Georgie, nothing happened », a boy from the players standing next to Peter said, as he stepped forward.

« I didn't ask you anythin', David », George coldly snapped at him.

« He's right, George, nothing happened. I'm perfectly all right », you interfered, speaking in a soft voice.

« Are you sure ? », George asked you. It seemed concern kept growing bigger and bigger on his face with every passing minute. You could see tension in every single feature of his face.

You nodded at him, giving him a smile you wanted to be as warm and reassuring as could be.

« See... She's fine » Peter chuckled.

George gave his elder brother a look that was clearly advising him not to say one word further.

You were touched by George's concern for you. But at the same time, it made you feel uncomfortable to see that it was making him lose his kindness towards his own brothers and towards his friends.

« Come, lads. Let's resume our game and leave the lovebirds alone », Peter suddenly said, out of the blue.

Blush took over your cheeks as soon as you realized what he had just said. Glancing at George, you noticed he was blushing even harder than you were.

Passing by George, Harry gave him a tap on his shoulder as he chuckled : « This is the only way our little Geo will calm down »

« Shut up and leave Harry », you heard George say, through his gritted teeth. You could tell he was trying hard not to raise his voice.