20

"can't you just hire a swimming teacher, it's not like you can't afford it" I complain. It's the fifth day of me trying to reach ludo to swim, it is not going well.

"What and have to admit that I can't swim"

"The photo of you in your Speedos and floaties went viral, I think everyone has an idea you can't swim" before we even reached my home that day the photos were all over the internet.

He shrugs "everyone just thinks I was drunk or pulling a prank"

"I have so much work to do" I moan

"Ok I'll just go swimming and risk it" he gives me a sad face.

I roll my eyes, he's on his stomach with his arms in the water as I guide him across the pool. If I wasn't annoyed I would find it amusing.

"Just so you know these lessons don't count as a date"

"But I feed you after" ludo complains.

"We need to finish up, I have book club"

"I'll come with you"

"You will not" I argue.

"Why"

"You haven't read the book"

He gives me a knowing look "when do you ever read the book , last week you went out for cocktails"

"We discussed the book"

"Which book"

I look down guiltily "cocktail"

"That's a tom cruise film, try again" he has me and he knows it. It takes me a few minutes to remember we had read a thriller where the main character had ordered an old fashioned cocktail and that had us discuss our own favourite drinks which ended up in a trip to the bar.

"This week we read of mice and men"

"Great, I read that at school"

"Nope, I'll see you Saturday"

We get out of the pool and ludo continues to argue that he wants to join the book club.

"Go out with your friends and have some fun" I suggest.

I kiss ludos cheek as I leave, he pulls me close and kisses me deeply. My knees are weak, I'll be thinking of this kiss all night.

...  ......

"I didn't get a chance to read the book so we're going to a drag club" Richard says immediately as he opens the door.

I roll my eyes, we really need to stop referring to this as a book club. I don't know the last time we actually read the designated book.  I point down at my outfit "I'm hardly dressed for a club"

"You chose the wrong night to wear sweatpants, do you have anything in the car"

I sigh and follow him to my car, he rummages through my trunk and pulls some things before declaring he had an outfit in mind. I grab my make up bag and follow him in the house, Kate is suitably dressed in a silver jumpsuit, black heels a black statement belt and a Gucci clutch.

Kate follows us to Richard's room, he tells me to strip.

" You took my advice on the underwear I see" Kate says with a wink, I'm wearing a black push up bra and black lace panties.

Richard hands me one of his boyfriends white shirts and tells me to put it on, even though Charlie is closer to my size that Richard is it's too big and I have no shape.

"Put this on" Kate passes me her belt before pulling the hair tie from my hair releasing my wild curls. Luckily I had some black heels in my car that I can wear, I apply excessive eye makeup and cover my lips in red lipstick.

Kate sprays me with her perfume, I don't have a bag so she offers to save my cell.

"Next week we will read the book I swear" Richard says with his hand on his chest.

"Or watch the movie at least" Kate adds making me smile.

Richards driver is waiting outside with the limo, he hands us all champagne and tells us we will be at our destination within half an hour.

Were already tipsy by the time the arrive at the club, Kate takes photos of us posing with the drag act. We find it incredibly amusing when we find a drag version of Kate sporting her iconic blunt bob and oversized earrings.

"You know you've made it when there's a drag queen version of you" Richard jokes and we agree.

Were quickly guided to a private booth, bottles of champagne and a bottle of tequila is brought almost immediately. I grimace at the sight of the tequila, the last time I had drank it I threw up on my sister Dianne's head.

"This is dangerous, I have work tomorrow"

"Rose you own the business, you can take a day off" Kate exclaims.

"Only if you do" I counter, Kate considers it before putting her hand out to me. We shake hands firmly.

A Liza minelli act takes the stage and delivers a rendition of 'maybe this time'. We cheer and knock back the drinks. I have to admit I'm glad we didn't stay in reading, I needed to let loose.

I take a look at the bar then look at the shot in my hand, I'm drunker than I thought. I place my glass on the table and push it away from me.

"What's wrong" Richard shouts over the music.

"This stuffs strong, I'm seeing things"

"Like what"

"I thought I saw Adam Johnson by the bar"

Kate and Richard turn and take a look before turning back with huge grins on their faces "that is Adam Johnson, I'll ask him to join us"

"No Kate"

Adam was the star of a popular nurse series on netflix, it was the biggest show right now. I think the fact that he's super hot and finds a reason to be semi naked in most episodes hasn't had a bad affect on the show.

"Hey your rose Kline, big time fashion designer"

"Yeah and your Adam Johnson"

"I'm a big fan of yours, when are you going to release a mens collection"

I laugh and move up so he can sit at our booth, it's not as awkward as I had expected it to be. He's matured since I met him at school, he had been my first kiss.

"How's that crazy family of yours"

Kate and Richard look at each other with confusion.

"Dianne is married, other than that nothing has changed"

"Your sister Dianna, wow. Does she still have green hair"

I laugh and shake my hair " brunette"

"No way"

I nod "she's married to a lawyer"

Adam picks up the bottle of tequila and looks at it closely "how many of these have you had"

"You two know each other" Richard asks.

'adam and I went to school together" I explain.

"She was my first love" Adam states.

"It was one kiss" I say correcting him.

"We should go dance I love this song" Richard declares. We all stand and follow him.

Christina agularias dirty is played so we all dance suggestively, Kate grinds up against Richard who looks almost afraid and I dance with Adam. We lose our selves in the music but it's not long until we're brought back to earth. I don't see it happen until it's too late.

Adam is on the floor with Ludo straddling him, he lands blow after blow until Adam over powers him and catches ludo on the jaw making him lose balance. As quick as it starts it ends. Before my mind can make sense of what I had witnessed ludo is taken away by police officers.

I look over at my friend's as I help Adam up, Kate is fanning herself with her clutch "damn that was hot"