Chapter 15: The night over

Aria's POV-

Billie and i were cuddling up to each other after i 'relieved' her of her frustration. the movie was still playing, but i could tell she was half asleep.

"Billie, baby? unlock the door so i can give you your medicine." a voice said from outside, knocking lightly on the door.

"oh shit, Billie! i think your mom's tryna come in." i whispered, jumping off the bed.

"hide in the closet! quick!" she told me before clearing her throat, "yeah mom i'm coming."

i quickly shut the closet door and buried myself behind a few clothes that where hung up. i could slightly see her mom walking in.

"you're meant to take two of these, here." her mom handed her a couple pills before Billie swallowed them down with water.

"thanks mom." she smiled, hugging her.

"it's so stuffy in here, i'm gonna open the window a little, but don't open it any more. i don't want you to get sick." her mom said, pushing the window open a little.

"okay, thanks." Billie got back into bed and covered herself up.

"oh god, it's so messy in your room. what are all these tissues doing here." her mom asked.

Billie's eyes widened, "oh, that's not-"

"who's shoes are these?" her mom asked, picking my shoes up and holding them up to Billie.

"oh, Maddy left them here." B replied, "she said to give them to her tomorrow."

"well one, you aren't going outside tomorrow, two, Maddy hasn't been over in weeks and three, how the fuck does one leave the house without shoes?" her mom asked, perplexed.

"i don't know either mom." Billie laughed, "she borrowed my own shoes."

"Maddy is two sizes smaller than you, i doubt she did." her mom answered. "you haven't snuck someone in here, have you?"

"no mom." Billie replied boringly, trying to conceal her anxiousness. "if it was anyone it would be Maddy, and those definitely aren't her shoes."

"well whose are they then?" she asked.

"oh fuck!" i yelled, feeling several clothes fall down on my at once.

i fell forward, forcing myself out of the closet.

"oh, hello Mrs Eilish." i smiled, glancing at the horror on their faces.

"Aria?" her mom replied.

"yeah, Aria?" Billie said.

we both darted our eyes to Billie.

i quickly got up, "i'll hang those back up later. sorry."

"i'm guessing these are your shoes?" her mom asked and i nodded in answer. "you're a great liar, Billie."

little did her mom know.

"yup." Billie's wore a face full with mixed emotions.

"so, Aria, what are you doing here?" her mom asked.

"oh, Billie invited me over, i had something to return." i replied, pulling aquaphor out of my pocket and laughed nervously.

"Aria and i are dating." Billie announced, awkwardly smiling.

"yup." i nodded.

"oh i already knew that, i was just teasing." her mom chuckled, "i could sense the tension."

Billie and i smiled at awkwardly at each other and back to her mom.

"ahem, anyways, you can stay here Aria, it's fine. you can spend the night just to keep her safe because clearly she needs protection, and erm, nothing to strenuous, okay Billie?" her mom winked and laughed a little.