Chapter 17: Another one

Aria's POV-

before Billie could sense something was wrong, i concealed the emotions on my face while i texted back.

————————————————————————
No Caller ID

i wonder what it's like to date 17 year old.
wanna see what the police think?

who is this?

leave her home or i call the police.

what do you want?

leave her home or i call the police.
————————————————————————

whoever this anonymous little fuck was seemed to have already gotten to me. i remained sat on the couch for the rest of the evening. a few times Billie noticed my leg bouncing up and down, so she had placed her hand on it to stop but i couldn't.

"let's go up." she whispered to me, before i followed her upstairs.

"what's wrong?" i asked her, closing the door, "are you okay?"

"i'm fine, what's wrong with you?" she asked, "you've been shaky all evening."

"nothing, i think i should go home." i explained.

"why baby? what's wrong?" Billie asked once again.

"i feel sick, i wanna go back home." i insisted.

"i thought you wanted to escape there because Paolo trashed the place." Billie explained, "you're not making sense."

"get off my dick Billie! i just wanna leave. quit acting like a little baby for a second and just let me go! i can't spend my whole life with you! i'm an adult, i have my own things to do and my own life and problems to deal with!" i yelled.

"wait." Billie said, grabbing a shirt and pushing it under the gap underneath her door, "what the fuck are you saying? you don't wanna be around me?"

"i do, i can't just do it all the time though! you act like a little baby and you're so clingy i cant even deal with my own shit." i explained, grabbing my stuff and packing my bag.

"so what you're just gonna leave?" she scoffed.

"yeah." i nodded.

"baby, what happened?" she asked, cupping my face and bringing me close to hers, "what's going on with you? we can fix it together."

"i'm not your fucking baby! leave me alone." i spat, pushing her hands away. "don't touch me."

"fine, you wanna leave? then go! i don't fucking care." Billie replied.

"i'm leaving through the window." i said, before opening the window and sliding down the pipe.

i got into my car and sat there for a good 20 minutes bawling my eyes out.

of course i wasn't mad at Billie, but whoever had texted me those things clearly knew about it and i had to distance myself. just until she turns 18.