Chapter 18: Coffee

Aria's POV-

a few hours later, i drove Billie home and stayed a couple hours in her house.

"i have to go now, i really do." i sighed, getting off her bed as she whined.

"because of your fucking blackmailer?" she scoffed.

"this is important, Billie." i replied, looking sternly at her while i put on my shoes.

"yeah, i know. text me when you get home?" she asked.

"i will baby, i will." i replied, kissing her on the forehead, "i love you."

"i love you too." she bit her lip as i left, "maybe we should face time!"

i laughed and hopped out of the window before driving home. as much as i wanted to stay at her house, i couldn't risk it.

i was lowkey scared of the control this person had over me, because i didn't know who they where or the lengths that they'll go to to make sure i stay away from Billie.

Billie's POV-

"unlock this door, Billie." my mom knocked, sounding mad at me.

"ugh i was sleeping mom! what did i do now? why are you acting so angry at me for?" i groaned, unlocking the door and immediately getting back into bed, being gentle on myself.

"i got this in the post." mom held up a letter.

"yeah?" i asked, attempting to grab it from her hands.

"let me read it." mom replied. "Dear Mr and/ or Mrs Eilish, wanna know what your daughter does at school?"

my face dropped as she turned around the letter to show me a photo of me and Aria kissing at school.

"i thought you said she worked at a coffee shop." mom said, "and she doesn't look young enough to be in college. so what the fuck is she doing in a classroom, alone with you?"

"mom, i love her mom." i sobbed, my eyes getting watery.

"she's your teacher, do you know how- what is this Billie?" she asked. "do you think it's okay to have a relationship like that?"

"when you love someone does it really matter? it doesn't work like that, mom. you should know that." i explained, wiping my tears.

"i don't think thats an excuse for it though." she gritted, glaring at me with dark eyes, "stop talking to her."

"i won't." i said, "she might be my teacher but i school in a few months, it won't even matter."

"it will matter. Billie, you're too young to understand, but someone knows, clearly, look at this letter, and they even have evidence of it. all it takes is for them to mail it to the police and that girls career is ruined." mom replied, almost shouting at this point.

"fine, we'll keep it low for the time being." i smiled, at this point i was just tryna gaslight her into thinking she got what she wanted.

"just stop seeing her." she sighed, "oh, and you didn't need to use the condoms, right?"

my face grew pale and my eyes widened, "i don't know how to answer."

"did you have sex with her?" mom asked angrily.

"yeah." i nodded.

"oh my god, you're gonna be the end of me, Billie. did you use the condoms though?" she replied.

"yeah." i slurred, knowing full well about what happened last night. "is that it?"

"i'm shredding this, so your father doesn't see it, and make sure you stop seeing her because someone's fucking onto you two." mom said before leaving my room.