Chapter 16: No Caller ID

Aria's POV-

"i'll be back soon, Billie." i kissed her on the forehead, handing a her a bowl of popcorn she requested while she watched american horror story.

"how long will you be?" she wined, looking up at me.

"maybe thirty minutes, maybe a little more." i replied, "look, i'll probably be back before your episode finishes."

"okay." she smiled, "be quick."

"i will, i will. bye baby." i said, walking out the door.

i hurried over to my car before driving back home. walking in, i realised something was off.

i realised my jackets had all be thrown on the floor, the mirror decorated with my lipstick.

walking into the kitchen, i saw knives tossed on the floor, my cigarettes placed all over and a lighter. in a pattern, that read something.

baby killer

looking closer in, i realised that the cigarette at end of the 'r' had been lit. i hurried to throw it outside before it set fire to my wooden floorboards.

frantically, i stomped on each of the letters, feeling my blood begin to curdle. i had never been this angry and it the fingers had only pointed to one person, Paolo.

i didn't reach out and i didn't call him.

my pillows had been torn open, leaving all of the stuffing dappled across the room. paintings thrown on the floor, the couch ripped open, silverware and tissue all on the floor. scattered.

i sighed and continued up the flight of stairs before entering my room to see a message on the mirror.

another on the other mirror. and another on the other mirror. one single bottle of whiskey lay on my bed, empty. it became apparent that he got drunk and left it here on his way out.

i sighed and hopped into the shower, letting the warm water wash my sorrows away. it was nice because i could tell if i was crying as the warmth on my cheeks was mainly water.

i returned back to my room to get changed fresh clothes, before reaching under my bed to grab a bag to pack some stuff in. i noticed a small bag of green, with a few papers inside.

"at least this motherfucker left something good." i laughed, rubbing my eyes.

i rolled it up, sniffling a few times before smoking the whole thing.

"i needed this. thank you Paolo! you fucking dick." i teased, dancing in my room.

i replied to each and every one of the messages, sniggering at each of them.

when i had finally finished with my fun, i hopped into the car and drove to Billie's house, before ringing the doorbell.

"i'm back baby!" i slurred.

"what the fuck? are you drunk?" she replied, "you reek of vodka."

"had to take some shots on the way!" i cheered, "parties on! woohoo!"

i raised my hands in the air and played some music on this radio she had, sitting in the corner all sad, like it hadn't been played in years.

"no matter this thing hasn't played, you hear this dumbass shit?" i reply, changing to a different station, "here we go!"

Billie angrily turns off the radio and grabs my hand, pulling me down onto the couch.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" Billie spat.