Chapter 2

I am currently in my mom's room. After the burial, a week ago I had it in me to look after my mom. I've slept in her room eversince, it gives me a sense of assurance that she'd be alright.
Although it pains me to hear her cry all night.

My Father's death took an toll on my mom, its like she, herself died along with him. Leaving me alone. I made it my goal to make her smile again.
I need to make her smile again.

****
5 years later..

"Yes, Jericho..  I know that.. Yes, expansion would do good,  yes we have enough funds for the plans..  Of course, thank you..  Call me when something's up..  Okay...  Goodbye"
I tapped on my mobile phone and with a beep the call ended.
I looked up to the view my office held. After almost five years of taking over the company,  it flourished.
Now we're planning to expand, with a help with new business partners and investors, we're all hoping that by this year we could get a hold of Singapore or maybe Japan..

The sound of my office doors opening brought me back from my deep thoughts.

"And!....  It's almost 4 in the afternoon,  yet you haven't eaten!..  What's wrong with you?  You're brain stuck up here and everything..  You're killing yourself you know! You probably live here"
She cried out, ever dramatically, waving her hands up in the air as if there were flies.

Ladies and Gents. Meet my overdramatic best friend. Lea Marietta Martinez. I've met her during a seminar/party her father sent her,  forcefully,  I may add.  In hopes that she'd be interested in their business. They're into realstates and other stuff.
Apparently it didn't work.

Well, we met there and that's where our friendship started, we started hanging out. Then her father took an interest in investing in my company and made Lea here one of my company's major stock holder.
Giving her the responsibility that she never wanted at the first place, but it made our friendship stronger. It also gave her the opportunity to give me a long talk about my "stressing habits"

She's beautiful with her sandy blonde hair, red lips and a body to die for ( I'm bad at describing people)

Rolling my eyes,  I turned around to face her.
I swear this girl is exaggerating things.

"Marietta"... I called her with a sigh, emphasizing her middle name making her cringe. She hates her middle name.

"I ate already" I continued with a smirk at her gesturing my hand to the plate down my table that had a cheese cake, half eaten.

She looked ate me like I had green skin and cocked her eyebrows.

"Seriously??  You call 'that' eating?  .. You call that 'food'?" she took my plate with the half eaten food and showed it to me..  Shoving it more precisely.

"This is not food...  " she wailed pointing her finger on the poor cheese cake and.....we'll started eating it.

Now it's my turn to cock her an eyebrow.

"Really Lea??, you're such a puzzle to me.  Three years of friendship and I still think you haven't matured yet" I said shaking my head in amusement. Watching as my best friend take the remaining cake to the side and sat on a chair, devouring whats left of it.

I laughed.

"What??  It tastes good,  you're weird my friend for not finishing it" she said,  mouth full.  I bet she's going to finish that in less than 3 minutes.

When she was about to finish with one last, huge gulp..  Swallowing the last bits of the cake.  I smiled to her and look down on the pile of papers and unsigned documents.

I rubbed my temple and run a hand through my hair as I sat down my chair. 

So much work needs to be done.

I absentmindedly sigh.

"You my dear...  Need a break" I didn't even notice Lea coming up to me.

"I guess.. But I need to finish this up" I told her without looking and I start reading the files.
When suddenly my annoying (yet I love her) best friend took the papers away which I think is a very rude thing to do.

" We " Lea pointed her finger at me and herself.
"Are going out" she continued,  wriggling her eyebrows at me. Giving me her signature look.

A look that says.. You can't say no to me sister..

Oh uh..