Chapter 21

*I heaved a sigh and stood up.
" Get Henri please, I want him there" "On it, Finally!!" Lea said as we make our way to the doors of my office.

My mind replaying the recorded video of the incident, feeling like I'm missing something.*

******
As we walk out of the building, Lea decided to pick the place where we're going to get lunch, a 20 minute drive to the nearest sushi restaurant (a/n this is funny for me cause I can't eat anything raw).

Lea took some keys out of her pocket and went in front of the car, opening the door I ask her,"You're driving?" I said, my voice a little higher in pitch due to shock, I look at J, who didn't notice cause he was talking to someone on his phone.
I probably look like I'm in pain with worry and confusion, I don't want to hurt her feelings but I am not... Letting her drive, she is a klutz when walking, she's also a klutz when driving.

She look at me and pouted, "What I have been practicing" she insisted. "Yeah... I also remember the last time you said that, we almost died" I deadpan. We starred at each other like children waiting for someone to give in.

I was about to remind her of the incident when I felt J tap my shoulder,"Henri's meeting us there, what are you doing Lea, you should not drive" he moved towards her and took the keys. " You get shotgun, don't worry" he said before going inside the car as I follow him, going inside through the back door, leaving Lea standing next to the car, her eyes wide open.

As we are all settled inside, "This is my car you know", Lea argued a bit more. "Yes, we know, we also know you have a driver with you", j answered, "Which by the way... Where??".
"I wanted to drive", J looked at Lea as he started the car, took her hand and said "I know.. but I want to us to be safe, so give this one to me okay?". They had a moment of silence, just looking at one another as Lea continued to pout.

I remained silent throughout the whole thing, cause I think it's so intimate, but I was also in a hurry so I cleared my throat, snapping the two out of it.
Jericho then proceeded to drive us out of the buildings parking area and into the main road.

I heard Lea sighed heavily , I look at her through the cars rear view mirror and when our eyes met I gave her the ' you're spilling something later ' her face went red and she covered it with her hair. So this is what it feels like to be at the end of the teasing.

I was about to comment about Lea when my phone beeped. I expected it to be from Ma or Henri.
It was a text 'Hello dear Abe' it read, with a phone number I am not familiar with.
" Is that Henri?" Lea asked with a tone of teasing, smiling brightly.
She hasn't stopped teasing us since the hospital, when apparently I slept on Henri's lap and snuggled with him.
I think the whole teasing thing is nonsense, but it did made me blush, a little.

Trying to hide that said blush, putting my phone on my lap."Have you been going around and giving out my phone number again?" remembering the first time she gave my phone number out.
She jumped out of her seat with a "Ohh!" and J gave her a look, she looks like she got caught with something looking at J as she whispered a small sorry towards him and turn her body around, practically kneeling on the car seat. " You know how my dad has your phone number??"
"Yes Lea what about it?" I don't know where this is going but I got another beep from my phone from Henri this time.
"I'm here where are you guys?"

"Let's talk once we get there, Henri's there already, were late" I muttered under my breath as I texted a reply.
We're almost there and hit send.

"What? No emojis?" and Lea commented
"Abe doesn't text like you Lea, settle down.. we're almost there" says J.
(Jericho's name is a bit long to type in..so I'm gonna stick to J).
"Yes father".

We went inside the sushi restaurant, my eyes immediatly look for a certain guy. "Looking for someone?" I felt a nudge as Lea wiggled her eyebrows teasing me. " Texting huh" I teased back, shutting her up.

J was the last one to enter the restaurant doors, "Alright, where should we sit?".
I look around the whole place, it shouldn't be hard to find him since the place wasn't that big, but apparently there are seats that are in a far corner of the restaurant, giving the customer a private place to eat, perfect for what we're about to discuss.
"Let's find Henri first" I look at the both of them as they look at me with a certain glint in their eyes and my mind wanders again with the incident in the hospital. I released a heavy sigh.

"I think he's in one of those private corners here" J answered. "Can you send him a message that were here?"
"Yeah, give me a sec." And I typed away saying that we've arrived and looking for him. "Insert an emoji after" Lea pipe in, rudely looking at my phone's screen. "Maybe later".

We walked further inside the restaurant as we wait for his reply and then my phone beeped, "I already have seats for us, let me come to you" his replied read.

"I'm hungry, what taking him so long, not cool" Lea grumbled as J look around, stepping further inside, but still in our line of vision. As I was about to call him to come back and tell them of Henri's reply, he suddenly called out to someone. "Hey" he called out, waving at someone. "Hey bro" replied the familiar voice.

"Let's go" Lea then grab my hand and pulled me towards the two men. When we got to them, "So where's our seat? Less talking more eating is what I say" you would know who said that.

"Right, but I do need to tell you something" Henri started, as he guides us to where our seats are.
"I didn't expect them to come to the firm while I was there" he whispered among the group as we arrived at our table and settled ourselves in our chosen seats," Although I did tell them that I was meeting someone else and we wouldn't be able to fit in the tables here" he continued to tell us almost whispering.
"What are you talking about again?" Lea absentmindedly asks what was on my mind probably J's as well. "Why are you rambling?" She continued.

Henri's gaze focused on me, smiling like he was caught with committing a petty crime as he scratched the back of his head.
"Right, well...."

************
Cliffhanger.. and it's very short.. I was actually planning on making this long chapter but... I don't know, I decided last minute to cut it short... let me update again..

No proof reading or editing here.. so sorry.