Chapter 9

I watched as my mom ate her breakfast, silently chewing on my own food.
She sat there, hair all messed up and still wearing the same clothes from yesterday.

It seems like she's not speaking a word about why I got home to her crying state last night and I look down my food.

I couldn't resist myself as soon as I knew that my mother finished eating I took a deep breath an opened my mouth with the question.

"Ma? .." I started. 

I know she knows what I'm about to ask her, as I open my mouth for the question .

But then shen dropped her spoon and closed her eyes,  indicating that I should stop and listen to her.

And I did.

"Hon,  I can't talk about it right now. I know I got you worried,  I'm sorry..  " she said without even me saying a word.

"You should go to the office and I'll see you tonight" she continued.

"Will you tell me tonight? "

"I can't promise,  but I'm pretty sure you'll do something to know about what happened,  and trust me Hon,  I do not regret it"

"Now you're making me more worried ma,  please tell me... I want it coming from you. "

"Not right now, please go to work,  you'll be late. "

"Maybe you forgot ma,...I'm the boss? "

"Makes you more of a role model, and being late just because you're the boss doesn't make you a good leader"

"I hate it when you hide stuff from me but you're right..  I'll know about it soon enough"

"Thank you Hon, now..  Go to work and make me proud"

"Love you ma"

"Love you too honey"

I stood up and moved closer to my mother and kissed her forehead then I took our plates and as soon as I finished cleaning up,  I get ready for work.

As I head out and get inside my car,  I dialed the number I've been dreading to call the moment I saw my mom last night.

"Lea, where you at?" I asked right away after the call connected with her.

"At the office" she answered quickly.

"Good, already on my way" I said while the engine came to life and roared. I sped back from our garage and drove the car to the direction of the office.

"I'll be waiting here, be careful.. we'll figure this out." her last respond to me as I focused my attention to the road.

"I sure hope so". I whispered while I try to focus on the road and as I drop the call.

*********

As I drive my way to the office I can't get around an idea who or what might have caused my mother's tears last night. I'm a worried wreck especially since she didn't say anything.

When I arrived at the office,  I was greeted with smiles and nods from the people that I meet, I went straight to Lea's office hoping that she can ease my worried nerves. I knock on her door and waited for any reply.

" Come in.. "

I open the door upon hearing her and I was greeted by a worried look as well.

" Hey,  tell me what happened.. "

" She didn't say anything..  She just cried Lea. I tried to talk to her and ask her to tell me what's wrong but nothing.. "

" She doesn't want you to worry" she replied, standing up and holding my shoulders.

Thoughts are running in my head as to what might have happened. 

"Tell you what,I know you're worried and all.. give it til tomorrow, if your mom wont say anything by the end of it, then we'll do something about it..."

"You don't have to say anything really... I'll get to the bottom of it"

Later that day I busied myself with work and all.
I had so many things to work into..

I was busy reading some paper work when I heard a knock on my office door.

########

Pretty short update but I promise I'll be updating more and more next week or so..  I'm busy with work and stuff..  So sorry..

I'll update next time and with longer chapter next time too..

So sorry..

Thanks though!!!