Chapter 19

Taking one last look at James, I held Ma closer to me as I let her weep.
I want to know what happened.

I had to calm Ma a couple of times just to get her to talk to me about what happened. As much as I hated it I needed to get details, unfortunately she didn't't get any plate  numbers or faces that she can describe, the men driving the cars that caused the accident knew what they were doing.

It took a lot of convincing but after the whole ordeal I finally got Ma to get some sleep while I wait for J and Lea, they took a longer time to get here apparently.

'Beyoth calling' I look down at my phone as it vibrates.
I took a long breath and tap answer.

"Step on it J or I'm gonna step on you" I hear a hint of frustration in Lea's voice that got me wondering what's happening.

"Lea, what's wrong?"
I hear a honk from the line and a couple of swear words.
"Well, apparently a good friend of ours wanted to tag along, and he's currently pissing me off because he moves like a turtle.

My brow involuntarily moves upward, wondering who this person is," Ha?" Was the only thing I could say still thinking of who.
I shook my head to clear that question "Where are you now anyways?" I asked as I slowly move to go outside the room. As I held the doorknob I took a glance of my mothers sleeping form and slowly, making sure there is no possible noise, that I close the door.

"Did you know that Henry is a turtle when drunk?" Lea suddenly mentioned as I walk my way through the halls of the hospital, but ultimately staying close to James' room.
"Is he the friend you were talking about?" I blurted out, making nurses and doctors look at me,finally being able to speak in my natural high pitched voice, no longer restrained of whispering.

There is a sound of doors closing in the background as Lea explained further.
"Uh huh" he told us he knew where the hospital were and we didn't need GPS but nooooooo look what it got us" she continued and suddenly lowered voice, "made us 15 minutes late and we were lost for most of it" she burst out dramatically, almost yelling.
I heard Henry's voice apologizing and I held my phone away from my person.

"Remind me to never trust you with directions even if my life depends on it" I heard Lea said. In a normal circumstance I would laugh at their antics but right now, I'm anxious, I want to talk to Jericho ASAP.

Like he heard my thoughts, I heard Lea shout again.
"Wait up J, I don't wanna be lost again with this loser"

Then I heard them run, "Your assistant moves fast Abe, are you sure he's not some military dude, he has this game face on?" Lea asked.
"Just come here as soon as possible Lea, tell Jericho I need to talk to him"

"Roger that".

After a few minutes I saw a silhouette of my friends moving towards me and Lea waving her arm as she saw me. I was waiting in the lounge near James' room.

Lea engulfed me in a hug as J and I made eye contact and he gives me a brief nod.

We heard a throat being cleared, that when Lea lets go of me and I took notice of his presence.

"Hi, I'm sorry I made them late" he apologised and I nod in understanding.

"Its okay, you're just in time" I breath out and took anothet glance towards Jericho.

"Lets head onto James' room, Ma's sleeping, Lea, please be quiet".

"Why am I the only one being reprimanded?" Lea whined as she held on to one of my arms.

"How's your Mom doing, how's James?" Henry asked from the back as we move along.

I never liked it, people asking me questions that are hard for me to answer without me angered or hurt, so I look at Jericho and Lea for strength because I know that they understand my silence, that's why they never pushed the question.