1-2

Rakim

"Let's go!", I shook her shoulders, it was like she couldn't hear me, like she was frozen.  She must've been in shock.

And then I heard sirens. Just as I was about to carry her, she stood up and slowly turned towards me.

"Look, we gotta go", I said pulling her arm in my direction, but she snatched it away.

"Look, what you did!", she cried out.

"I don't have time for this shit! Either you can come with me or get caught", I told her looking over her shoulder. "The longer we stay, the deeper shit we in". She thought about it, got her bag, and looked at the body one last time before coming in my direction. I ran to the fence, and jumped over it, landing on both feet.

"A little help here", she said looking over her shoulders. The sirens were getting closer and closer. I helped her over the fence, and we continued to run. We turned on to Canal St. and I noticed she was struggling to keep up.

"I have asthma", she coughed out.

"Shit", I muttered. I picked her up and carried her on my back the next five blocks. I knocked on the door, and my brother opened the door

"You cool now?", I asked her plopping down on the couch, she nodded her head.

"Aye Jordan, lock this door back up"

"What happened to y'all?", he questioned with curious eyes.

"Nothing, don't worry bout it", he shrugged his shoulders turning to walk back into his room.

"Oh, and ma said she'll be home in a minute, so you might wanna..", he trailed off looking at Jodye. I got up to fix us something to drink, and I heard footsteps trailing after me, and I knew who they belonged to. I proceeded to fix the glasses of water, and when I was done, I waved at her to follow me. Once we were in my room, I closed the door and gave her a glass of water. I grabbed the remote, flipping through the channels, tryna find something to watch. She scoffed and rolled her eyes slamming the glass of water on my dresser.

"Fuck was that about?", I stared at her.

"So you're just gonna sit here and pretend like nothing happened?", she said pacing around my room."What if we get caught or something?", she asked on the verge of tears.

"We ain't gonna get caught. It ain't gon' be none of dat, so relax", I stressed to her. "I think its best if you stay here to-

"No, no, I'm not, I'm going home", she stopped pacing, and stood up grabbing her things. I laid back on the bed settling on First 48.

"Suit ya'self. I didn't even get a thank you because you wanna be all up in my ass like I did something to you.", I stated finally taking my eyes off the t.v to look at her. She looked guilty.

"I didn't ask for your help, so don't throw it up in my face like I did", she spat.

"Aight ma", I honestly did feel like arguing, especially with her over some bullshit like this. I was tired, no, matter of fact, that was an understatement.

"I'll take the floor", I got the blankets out of the closet, and turned around to see her staring up at me.

I laid the covers across the floor and drifted off to sleep. I had a long day ahead of me tomorrow.