Chapter 7

For those of y'all who couldn't see chapter 7.❤️

Jodye

Stacey had been traumatized the last few days. I tried to get her out of the house as much as I could, but she didn't budge.

I think Ms. Anita had noticed a change in her too. Stacey wasn't the same sassy granddaughter she knew anymore, was a sad, depressed, lonely version. I figured soon she would begin to question what was wrong with her.

As far as my mother, no word on that. I went to the police station everyday, and it seemed like she just disappeared without a trace, and that hurt a lot.

So, it was time to set Plan B into motion.

I called Rakim's phone to discuss what we had talked about a few days ago.

"Can you pick me up from Stacey's house".

"Yeah. Gimme five minutes".

Rakim and I had been getting close over the last couple of days. I think it was because we had a lot in common. We both had shit going on in our lives. So why not help each other?

"I ain't seen you in a while, what's been good?", he spoke.

"Nothing. As usual. I think it's time we go to Plan B."

"Plan B? Don't you think it's a little too early?"

"Look, I'm tired. I go down to that fucking police station to get the same answer. My mama is the only thing I got. So now, it's time to do shit my way."

"Aight, I feel ya. We can't do this alone. You gotta meet the mob".

~

After he introduced me to the mob, they told they would keep their ear to the streets. I'd learned that Ferg was the flirty one, Nast was the funny one, and Yams was the wise one.

"You wanna go get some ice cream?", just as I was about to say no...

"It's on me."

"Okay.", who was I to turn down free food?

We sat at the ice cream parlor for hours talking. I was really diggin' him. We talked about fashion, and how society loved to be sexist when it came down to clothes. We both shared a common love for fried chicken, skittles, and chocolate ice cream. We talked about our background, and it turns out his father wasn't in his life either. Even though it affected us differently, we still felt the same about our fathers. They were some no good niggas.

"This was fun. We gotta do this again."

"It was. Even with all the bullshit going on. It's crazy that we had to be on good terms under these circumstances".

"Right. I'll call you later?"

"Yeah. See ya around ma", he kissed my cheek. And with that he disappeared into the night.

This boy had my mind goin' crazy.