3-2

Jodye

     I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a car full of men. I felt my forehead, and when I brought my hand back down to my line of vision, it was covered in blood. I got really scared, and look back and forth to my right and left to see the men in all black we're staring at me.

"Who are you! Where are you taking me? And why am I bleeding?!", I exclaimed, abstracting the silence from the vehicle.

"You put up a fight, and you had to suffer the consequences", he muffled through his black bandana.

"Who are you?", I yelled and they ignored me. The driver ignored me, and instead turned up the radio, and "My Nigga" by Rich Homie Quan came on. I reached take my seatbelt off, an saw that my hands were tied up. I pulled and jerked until my arm got tired and my wrist turned red. I finally gave up, and sat still. I exhaled and let a tear slide down my cheek. I knew this was it, but out of all the ways to die, I didn't know that this one was my fate. After a tear fell down more came, and it turned to full blown crying. The man driving turned down the radio, and faced me as we approached a red light.

"You might as well shut the fuck up with that crying", I cried even louder, my face probably beet red.

He smacked his teeth, and pressed on the gas pedal. My teeth were chattering, I don't know whether it was because of the coolness in the car, or me being nervous. Before I knew it, I was puking all over the car floor.

"Eww, you nasty bitch!", he scooted over to his side more to get away from me. I heard a few others groan following his comment. The puke kept coming and coming, and I didn't think I would ever stop. About ten minutes later, we pulled up to a warehouse. They blindfolded me and dragged me inside. The room smelled damp and felt warm.

They sat me down in the chair, and I wiped the corners of my mouth. They were far on the other side of the room, and I heard them mumbling something.

"What's your name?"

"Jodye", I sniffled.

"Why am I here?"

They ignored me, and then I heard a loud crashing noise.

Boom!

I heard some commotion, and then shots were being fired. I scooted over to my right trying to get to a wall, so I could stand up, and break my wrists free from the ropes on my wrist. And then, I heard a familiar voice come near me. He untied my hands, and removed the blindfold from eyes. I didn't know who did it, but I ran as fast as I could.

It was in the beginning of the summer, and the sun was blazing. Tears and sweat dripping down my forehead, clouded my vision. I stopped to catch my breath, and put my hands on my knees. I looked around and saw that I was near my house.

I kept running and before I knew I was on our dusty doorsteps. I put the key into the lock and sat down on the couch. Tears were streaming down my face as I struggled to keep a steady breath.

I was having a panic attack. I use to have these all of the time when I was younger.

"Jodye, relax, breathe in, breathe out.", I nodded and listened to mom's instructions.

"B-but, I always get 100s on my sp-spelling test. I-I've never gotten a bad grade", I struggled to tell my mom.

"It's okay baby, mamas not mad at you. You tried your best and that's all that matters", she kissed my nose and my breathing got back normal.

"Just breathe in, breathe out", I tried coaching myself.

About five minutes later, my breathing got back normal.

Just as I was starting to relax, I heard a knock on my door. I slowly walked over and looked through the peephole.

It was Rakim.