1-1

Jodye

    Early Saturday Morning I found myself home alone, folding clothes. After I was finished with the rest of my chores, I got dressed. I threw on some dark jeans, with a plain white tank, navy blue cardigan, and my mom's navy blue TOMS. I wet my hair, and combed through the curly, tangled, knotty mess, and put my kinky hair up into a loose bun. I looked at my reflection in my full-length mirror. I had C - cup breast, that I was slightly self- conscious about, a fairly slim waist, and a round butt that was neither small or large, but in the middle. I put my phone, 20 bucks, and a pack of gum in my pocket.

    I grabbed a juice box from the fridge, and it was then that I remembered I forgot to take the trash out. I picked up the trash bag on my way out. I locked up the apartment, and went downstairs. When I opened the trashcan, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Startled, I dropped the trash bag, and a few of its contents spilled out. I picked them up feeling a little embarrassed and put the trash bag in the garbage can.

"What?!", I shouted and turn around to see my bestfriend, Stacey.

"Damn girl, my bad", she held her hands up in defense. I wasn't gonna admit that I was scared, because I was. These people around here were crazy and ruthless.

I sighed and looked around, "It's fine".

"Why you so tense?", she touched my shoulder as we started walking down the sidewalk.

"I am not tense Stacey, I just thought you were someone else, you know how people are around here", I said looking off to the side. In all honesty, I thought she was one of those guys in that gang, but I didn't wanna tell her about my encounter with Rakim because I know she would get all rowdy and think its something more than what it was.

"Where were you going?", she questioned.

"I was just gonna take a walk". Stacey and I had a weird friendship. It wasn't your typical friendship where you get in to arguments, give each other the silent treatment, and make-up. We've never argued, we don't even talk that much to argue. We haven't even known each other that long. I met her my sophomore year, and we've been rockin' ever since then, and even though we have a strange friendship, she know where she stands in my life and I know where I stand in hers.

"Let's go the court", she wiggled her arched eyebrows at me and I instantly frowned. I hated going to the court, the court was where fast girls went to go watch sweaty, musty dudes play ball. And Stacey was always nagging me about going there to see what her boyfriend was doing.

"Ew, no, I hate going there and you know it."

"Please Jodye, I just wanna see if Terrance is there because he hasn't texted me back yet, but I know he better not be talkin' to some chicken head or Imma fu-

"Ok, ok, damn, shutup, I'll go", that's all it took for her to drag me down the sidewalk to the court.

    When we got there, I saw that Stacey's theory was proven correct, Terrance was chatting up with some girl. I turned towards Stacey and I saw nothing but anger, but I was surprised she was still standing beside me and not over there cutting up.

"Stacey, Stacey you okay?"

"Yeah girl, I'm fine, I ain't worried about it, we done, and her, oh she gon' get hers. C'mon", she flipped her Senegalese twist over her shoulder and turned the opposite way.