12-2

Rakim

A couple of days later we were back in Harlem. After my mama called me and told me about Jordan, I already knew who did it.

The Saints.

The first thing I was worried about was his health. I could always get back at them niggas. Right now, he was in critical condition.

"Wassup man?"

"Hurting like hell."

"Jordan watch yo damn mouth!", mama yelled. We shared a laugh.

"How was it in the sunshine state?" I honestly ain't even wanna think about that. Had I not been down there, he probably wouldn't even be in a hospital bed right now.

"It was aight. How's the arm?"

"It hurt when I move it, but the doctor said it should heal within a couple of weeks."

"Cool", I was just happy he was alright.

"Rakim we need to talk." I already knew what this was about. After a long discussion about my staying out of this street shit, I left the hospital. On the way back home I got a phone call.

"Hey Rakim, I was just calling to check-

"What?", I was honestly irritated with her right now. My brother could've died.

"To check on you and Jordan."

"We good.", I answered briefly.

"O-okay."

"We could've been better had I not been fucking around witchu and ya family."

"Look, I'm sorry."

"Alright, I gotta go. "

I needed to get away from all this bullshit in Harlem. It was time.