3-1

Jodye

   The buzzing of my phone awoke me from my deep slumber. I rolled over and pressed ignore, not knowing who was trying to call me. I rolled back over, closing my eyes to go back to sleep. My phone started to ring again, and I shut my eyes tight, hoping that my ears would drown out the annoying tune. That didn't seem to work so I rolled back over and answer the call.

"Hello?", I spoke groggily into the phone.

"Where you been? I've been trying to get in contact with you all day."

"I was asleep Stacey", I rolled my eyes.

"For six hours?"

Ever since the incident I've been staying home and I haven't been getting a lot of sleep, and today the overload of sleep I've been needing, had come.

"Yep", I said popping the 'p'.

"Well...., there's this party tonight, and I want you to come with me."

"I don't know".

"Come on, it's going to be fun", Stacey whined.

"Then good for the people who are going", I started to strip from my clothes, about to get in the shower.

"Come on Jo, don't be a party pooper", I thought about it. I hadn't been to a party since freshman year, and I haven't been out of the house in days.

"Okay, I'll go", I turned the knob, and the water emerged from the holes in the shower head, making pitter patter noises on the shower floor. We talked a little while longer, and then I ended the call.

After taking a shower, I put lotion on my arms and legs. I assembled my moisturizers, blowdryer, and flat irons ready to straighten out my curly hair.

I straightened my hair, and it was very uneven. I hadn't had a trim in a while so I got the scissors and did it myself. I parted my hair down the middle. I put on my undergarments and my jewelry which consisted of diamond stud earrings and my mother's diamond necklace. I looked through my closet, and picked out a blue tube top Stacey gave me, copper colored joggers that perfectly around my waist, but baggy at the end. I rummaged through the pile of shoes on the floor of my closet, and settled on my high - top black converses. I topped the whole outfit off with some light brown lipstick. I grabbed my phone off my dresser, unhooking it from the charger. After grabbing a juice box, I locked the doors, about to go to Miss Anita's house.

~

I knocked on the door, and Stacey answered it, and I came inside. I didn't see Miss Anita, so I assumed she was at work.

"You like?", Stacey twirled around, showcasing her outfit. She had her twist in a high, neat bun, with a pink bandeau that her breasts nearly popped out of, and a tight fitting, black skirt that stopped at her mid-thigh, and 5-inch black platform heels on.

"Umm, not really", Stacey's smile quickly turned into a frown at my words.

"Why not?"

"Stacey, look at what you have on", she looked down, and shrugged.

"Its shows way too much", I replied shaking my head. That outfit was asking for too much attention.

"Whatever, you're acting like Nana now", she turned away to grab her clutch. "You ready?"

I responded with a shrug.  

When we got to the party, Stacey introduced me to some people and drifted off into the crowd, leaving me alone. I sat on the couch beside a couple that were basically sucking each other's face off. I rolled my eyes, disgusted at how they were acting. This was basically a normal house party, teens dancing raunchy, a mass of different odors, spiked punch in the kitchen, drugs laid out everywhere , and teens that couldn't stop touching other inappropriately.

I got up from the couch, to get me something to drink to cure my dry throat. I moved through bodies of the crowd, and looked through refrigerator to see if they had any non-alcoholic drinks, and to my surprise there were none. I sighed and leaned against the refrigerator door, folding my arms. Feeling defeated, I trudged back to the leather couch, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. A boy stood in front of me with a red cup in his hand.

"Hey cutie", he smiled.

"Not interested", I rolled my eyes about to leave. He grabbed my arm, to turn me around and I sent him a glare.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you that there's  some punch that's not spiked."

"Oh really now? Where? How do you know?", I crossed my arms again.

"Well, this is my party", he let out a laugh, and was becoming more and more embarassed by the moment.

"Oh", I mumbled.

"Well, how about I fix you a cup?".

"Okay", I sat back down on the couch.

A couple of seconds later, he came back with another cup in his hand. I drank some of it, and hit the back of my throat hard.

"Are you sure this is the right punch?", I questioned him, starting to feel uneasy.

"Umm yeah, its my mom special recipe", he replied. I nodded and drank some more of the drink. This time it wasn't that bad. After I lifted the cup from eyes, I saw that he was looking at me amusingly.

"What?", I giggled.

"Nothing", he said looking to his left, like he was searching for somebody.

After a couple of drinks later, I felt dizzy, but ignored it . My tense muscles now felt relaxed, and I started to enjoy the party more. I laid back on the couch, and closed my eyes.

***

I felt hands on my back and head as I awoke. The party was basically dead, and I looked up to see the same guy carrying me.

"W-where are y-you taking me?", I slurred.

"Just lay back sweetheart", he smiled, I laid back on his chest.

"Am I-I dr-drunk?"

"Something like that", he smiled back down at me with his pearly whites, and that was the last thing I saw before I blacked-out again.