4. dart

later that night~~ 

The pollywog

Dustin crept slowly into his house trying to avoid all contact with his mother. When he was almost to his room he heard a voice.

"Dusty, Dusty how was it" Claudia Dustin's mother asked

"How was what" Dustin asked genuinely confused

"How was what!? well the greatest night of the year of course!

oh, oh yeah it was... totally tubular" he said "What's wrong with you" she asked concerned "nothing" he responded quickly "Did something happen?"

"no. what? no." he stuttered "are you constipated again?" she said

"No. mom!" he said "ok your acting weird" she said "I am not acting weird" he said then the creature he was holding inside his ghost busters costume started thudding around inside making loud noise. 

"Woah" and "Ah!" escaped claudia and Dustin's mouth Dustin started laughing nervously while mew's the cat let out a loud hiss.

"Awesome right? yea... I rigged the trap with uh... motor to make it look like I caught a ghost just like the movie" He said trying to find a good excuse. She then starts laughing nervously along with Dustin.

"oh Dusty" she exclaims with a nervous laugh "Yeah" he said they both were now full laughing "funny. look at that. look at that." Dustin said  still laughing hard. they then stopped laughing and then Dustin headed off to his room with his on little secret. when he entered he slowly closed the door then turned to the trap.

"I told you to stay quiet, all you had to do was stay still for one minute!! One minute!!" He said madly. he then reached to his turtle cage and opened the lid.

"Sorry Yertle temporary eviction, buddy" he said talking the turtle out of his cage putting him on the ground and opened the trap and put it in there. He then looked down at the creature in awe. 

"What are you, little guy?" he asked looking down at the creature. "What were you doing in my trash? You hungry?" He asked. Dustin went over to his sack of candy and grabbed nougat and grabbed tiny pieces to feed to the creature. "Nougat, go on, eat it" but when the creature walked out it scrambled as fast as it could back into the little cave.

"Too hot?" Dustin asked turning the heat lamp off. "Sorry about that little guy" the creature then starts eating the chocolate. Dustin smiles and chuckles sawfly to himself.

"You like nougat to huh?" he asked curiously "You're pretty cute, you know that, I'm glad I found you?" he said then looks down at the rapper in his hand "D'Artagnan that's what I'm going to call you D'Artagnan" he said

Once Dustin is asleep with candy spread all over his bed and a book in his hand in the cage were the creature is. The creatures leg starts moving and it lets out a loud screech.

Y/n POV

"I still don't understand why people call him zombie boy" Max said confused "I mean yeah I get it he got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie" she said. I new what happened but they didn't consider telling her because when they told me it was a lot to handle and I guess a secret that no one should know.

"Because everyone thought he was dead" max finished "Yeah. I mean we had a funeral and everything" Lucas said "After a week?!?" max said shocked  I just stayed silent.

"Well see some other kid drowned at the quarry we thought it was will because it was supper decomposed" Lucas said sternly "What? ok that's not funny" she said