Chapter 24 Melinda and Happy

Melinda and Happy were glad they found each other. Two years had passed since Melinda last saw Allison, her owner. She missed her at first but eventually got used to her life here in Fairy Tail which did not include life with Allison.

   Allison went through therapy to adjust to life without her pet.  A few days ago, she completed the program and purchased a new pet. This time it was a goldfish. 

   Melinda and Happy found room to stay at Natsu's house.  Natsu shoved the cat beds together. He smiled when he woke up this morning to see Happy asleep with Melinda snuggled up next to him.

    "Awe, are not they so adorable?"  

    Natsu looked up to see that Lucy had entered the room.  "Lucy do not you ever knock?"

    "Ha, ha, I could ask you the same question, Natsu Dragneel," Lucy said.

      "Good point, I will try to knock when I visit you from here on out," Natsu remarked.

           "I will believe it when it happens," Lucy replied.

                 Happy woke up to hear someone talking. He smiled when he saw Melinda was asleep with one paw on his chest. 

                 "Hi, Lucy!" Happy exclaimed.

                 "Hi, Happy, " Lucy said.

                  "My girlfriend is still asleep, so try not to wake her," Happy said.

                 "Did you hear that Natsu? Happy called Melinda his girlfriend!" Lucy squealed.

                 "Yes, I heard," Natsu stated.

                        Melinda woke up and meowed. Then she smiled at Happy. "Good morning, Happy." She said.

                     "You said something other than a meow," Happy said.

                        "Yes, I suppose I did," Melinda responded.

                 "Now you two are awake, may I interest you two in some tuna-flavored dry cat food or some dry cat food with salmon flavor this morning?" Natsu asked.

                  "I will eat whatever Melinda wants," Happy blurted out.

                  "I think the salmon flavor sounds nice," Melinda answered.

                "Okay, dokie, salmon flavor it is then," Natsu said. He scooped some into the bigger dish Lucy had recently purchased.

                  Lucy watched in amazement as Happy let Melinda eat first before he dove into it.  She poked Natsu playful on the shoulder. "Wow, looks like Melinda has turned Happy into a proper gentleman," Lucy said.

                 "Proper gentleman, hardly, he is more like a gentle cat," Natsu said.

                 " Good grief, Natsu, you are now fun, always having to be so technical," Lucy whined.

                       Happy sighed as Melinda finished eating. He blushed as he thought what does she see in me, she is so much prettier than I am.  While he ate he saw Melinda watching him.

                         Lucy handed Natsu a plate with some cinnamon rolls on it. "Where did those come from?"  Natsu asked. "I made them and brought you some," Lucy said. "Thanks, Lucy that was thoughtful of you to share with me," Natsu said. "It was nothing, "Lucy stated.