Homecoming

When the mirror shattered, Nick desperately covered his eye and began cleaning up the shards of glass on the floor. Nick had been disturbed by this symbol since he returned to his universe, he didn't know how or why this was happening. Nick tried to hide this symbol from U as much as possible, just to not worry her, it seems like the two really care about each other. Nick took a deep breath and left the capsule with his Railgun to keep company with his Murder friend and try to cover up his problem. Luckily, the sun was already setting.

- Hey, U, are you excited to go back to base?

- I'm more worried about the reaction your friends will have when I show up there - U said, remembering what happened the last time she was at the base.

- It's been 3 months, they've probably lost their fear - Nick stated trying to take away U's fear.

- Then you better get on my back! - U said when he saw the sun disappear completely.

Nick obeyed and climbed onto his friend's back. U spread his wings and ran out of the tower to start flying. Nick was amazed at the sight of the sky, he had always wanted to know what the sky was like since his birth and now he could see the stars and the other planets shining in the sky. U spotted the base and landed in front of door 1, Nick got off U's back and used his card to open the door.

- Home Sweet Home! - Nick entered the base happy to be back, but he didn't see any Workers around. It was good, because that way U wouldn't run the risk of being attacked. 

- Where are the Workers who stayed here? - U asked.

- They must be off duty or they no longer want to guard the door because there are no more threats on this planet - Nick said, opening the other doors.

Nick and U started walking into the banker, until they arrived at Nick and his uncle Mark's house. Nick and U arrived at the door of the house.

- U, you better wait outside, my uncle must be very worried about me - Nick said, making U snort and sit on the floor with an annoyed look on his face - Good girl - Nick joked while stroking U's head.

Nick entered the house and started looking around, he was outside for so long that he didn't even remember what the place was like. As he started to walk to his room, Nick heard a noise coming from the kitchen and went there to check. Nick opened the kitchen door slowly and started looking around to see if his uncle was there, but he found no one.

- NICK?! - Someone shouted behind Nick, making the Worker turn quickly with his gun in his hands, but then he noticed who it was.

- UNCLE MARK?! - Nick shouted, dropping the gun on the floor.

- DON'T JUST STAND THERE, COME GIVE YOUR OLD MAN A HUG!! - Mark shouted running up to Nick to give him a big hug.

Nick and Mark started hugging each other as if it was the last time they would be together. Mark no longer had any family members and since Nick left he felt very alone, only D.O.O.R.S. was with him. Nick also missed his uncle, as he was the one who raised him since the day his father, Khan, was murdered.

- I thought you would never come back - Mark put Nick on the ground with a small tear on his visor.

- I thought that too, but luckily I managed to get back - Nick wiped away a tear that was forming on his visor - And I didn't come alone - Nick pulled Mark to the front door.

- Don't tell me who I think is! - Mark asked a little worried.

- Stay calm, she won't hurt you - Nick opened the door excitedly, but to his surprise, there was no one there.