Chapter - 41

Author's POV

"It seems my Queen is quite joyful today. Would you care to share with me, too?"

The Emperor embraced Alarmelu from behind as she gazed upon the empire bathed in moonlight. She smiled and leaned back on his shoulders and nodded her head lightly.

" Why wouldn't the Queen be overjoyed, Arasea? The triumphant sounds of murasu, Paarai, and Yazh still echo in her ears, her vision filled with the joyous smiles of her people who can now enjoy peace as the war has ended. She will no longer hear the cries of this land's women, nor see new Nadukal stones erected daily in memory of the brave souls lost in battle. She won't have to confront the grieving women seeking news from the battlefield, worrying about her own husband fighting on the front lines. It's finally over, and she can breathe easily, and sleep peacefully, knowing the nights of wakefulness are no longer hers to endure."

"It seems more like grievances than joy, Nachiya... and yet, these are the very things that bring happiness to my Queen. But what about my love??"

Ellalar asked his wife, and with a smile, she turned within his embrace, looping her arms around his neck. He drew her closer to himself.

"How does it look like, Ellalare?.... Doesn't your love appear even more delighted than your Queen? "

He shook his head negatively gaining a frown from her. Gently, he cupped her cheeks, his thumb softly tracing the contours of her face.

"The Queen of the Sethupathi empire seems even more radiant and elegant than before; she has become stronger and more formidable than I remember from the time before I departed for war......She mastered the art of concealing her emotions....

 but my Nachiya seems hiding behind this Queen"

"That's True Arasea.....your Nachiya is hiding behind The Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar because her lover isn't here to cherish her all these years...

Remember, you didn't leave her merely to be a wife who waits for you,  you left her with responsibilities. If you couldn't find your Nachiya now, it's your duty to search again. And this time, you need not meet her clandestinely, as you did when she was only your lover. She is your wife now, and she commands authority and you have to try harder to please her  "

"It seems I have a huge task to accomplish. "

"Ofcourse Ellalare.."

She spoke, her brows arching in a challenging manner. He smirked and lifted her in his arms she giggled hearing his next words...

"I am even more pleased to be at your Service my Love"

Alarmelu's smile blossomed as she reminisced about that night—the day he returned from the war. Her reverie was abruptly interrupted when Radhai entered the chamber and said...

"Queen mother Mangayarkarasi wants to meet you Arasiyare..."

Alarmelu paused for a moment and stood up 

"let her in and ensure our privacy. Ask the guards outside to step away until I call for them. "

Radhai nodded, bowed, and then departed. Alamelu inhaled deeply.

"Is it true that Perarasi Alarmelu Nachiyar is considering Perarasar's second marriage?"

Alarmelu greeted with a smile and clasped her hands together.

"It's been a long time, Atthai... May I ask about this sudden and overwhelming concern? "

Magaiyarkarsi chuckled, walked past Alarmelu, and settled comfortably into the chair.

"Of course, it's my concern because you are contemplating the idea of introducing another woman who could address me as 'Atthai,' a term that is exclusively your right to use. "

Alarmelu smiled, shook her head, and took a seat in a chair opposite the Queen Mother.

"Here I thought  you would be the one to celebrate if I lose my authority. "

"That's not your intention, Nachiyar... I would be mistaken to think that you prioritize power and authority... Unfortunately, you're not like me... You belong to that rare breed who make unwise decisions in the name of selflessness and for the sake of others..."

Mangaiyarasi said, taking a guava from the basket and biting into it.

"They are my own people not others and you are right I am not you and I would never be like you"

Alarmelu spoke with a slightly raised voice, indicating her displeasure with Magaiyarkarsi's words.

Magaiyarkarasi's laughter upon hearing her only fueled Alarmelu's anger further. Mangaiyarkarasi stood up, approached closer, and spoke.

"Are you certain about that, Nachiyar? Do you truly believe that this decision will bring prosperity to the empire?.....lets consider it will but at which cost.......my son's love for you and the girl who you are going to bring here as a puppet......

you can never understand that pain of being the second option Nachiyar.....you can never understand how much it does hurts when you won't get your husband's love even if you give your everything expecting slightest of it in return but you won't get that......

Arranging marriages solely for producing an heir is one of the cruelest acts one can impose on a woman. By doing so, you are subjecting another woman to the same fate, where she may never receive love from her husband. Such a decision only serves to create another Magaiyarkarasi.

your aunt Madhangi was once in your position she had to share her husband with another two women for the empire to get a heir ....that surely didn't make her any mahan ....Yes she was selfless and kind but she never fought for me when I get ignored in this very same palace where the other two Queens were roaming freely with authority....she didn't stood for me when the emperor failed to cherish me and value my love....

Regardless of the circumstances, she will never hold a place equal to yours, nor will she receive the same love from Sethupathi, given his boundless love for you. Recall how he  married you Nachiyar, defying our wishes, and was even prepared to renounce his position as crown prince to become a mere soldier.....do you think he would agree just by you insisting saying some astrologer predicted and a yogi said you won't give birth to the next Emperor.....

My only son prepared himself to disown this whole empire for you and you are dreaming that he would agree with you to marry another women for heir was utter foolishness....

Lets consider you even made that impossible thing happen and make him agree for this marriage.......remember she would be the Queen mother who will get more power than you and the puppet you are going to choose would be incapable of lifting such huge responsibility on her shoulder and you will fail again...

I don't care about what you will become after she came ......but I can't allow another innocent girl go through the cruelty  I faced...

Do not welcome another woman unless you can ensure she receives the rights and respect she truly deserves. For this, you may have to forsake your love. You must replace the love for your husband with love for the people of your empire. Prepare yourself for this shift, as much as you have cherished his love, be ready to endure his disdain......" 

When her words sink in Alarmelu's mind and heart she felt the unbearable pain just the thought of being at the receiving end of her husband's hate is too much to take in...would she able to endure it......."No" both her mind and heart screamed ....

Magaiyarkarsi smirked triumphantly, having achieved her goal. She moved closer...

"I pity you more, Nachiyar... Truly, I am."

She spoke to Alarmelu and exited the chamber with a radiant smile, leaving Alarmelu to navigate through emotional turmoil.................

Author's Note 

Hello People....

How was the chapter....

Happy Reading 📖📖📖📖📖

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️