CHAPTER 18

JENNIE POV

Sitting in my living room with a cup of coffee I heard a knock on the door, Jessica opened the door and sound of heels clicking on the floor was closer.

"Hey babe." Irene said running towards me.

I stand up when I saw her and she jumped on my neck hugging me.

"I missed you." She said I stayed still, she recoiled trying to kiss me but I turned my face before her lips touch mine. She frowned and spoke.

"Jennie, What's wrong?"

I detached her arms from me, made some space between us and started with my hands in my pockets.

"Lately, I met one of your friends."

"Who?"

"Jack... do you remember him." I asked.

Her face changed instantly dropped of all its colour.

"Looking at your face I presume you know about who I am speaking."

"Yes... yes I know him I work with him you know for checking...."

"Stop it Irene, I don't speak about work." I snapped.

"What are you talking about then?" She faked innocent and that made me angrier

"Really... Really Irene, you are playing dumb with me!!!" I yelled. She startled.

"He explained me about your little business, I didn't know your were that tricky Irene or must I say a devil."

"Listen babe..."

"Don't you dare call me like that." I said between my teeth.

"Ok Ok calm down let me explain."

"Is there something to explain?" I replied.

"I did everything because I love you Jennie." She screamed.

"Since when you we deceive the people we love, since when we betray the people we love since when we break the person we love Irene." I yelled and paced around the living room.

"I trusted you Irene, you were the last person I thought will betray me! But you did so shamefully without thinking about anyone just yourself because if you really loved me you wouldn't have separated me from the woman I love you wouldn't have made me divorced my wife and destroy my life. So don't say you love me because the only person you love here is yourself!"

"It's been 5 years now can't you just forget about her!"

"Never... I don't forget her there is no one day I didn't think about her and I never will forget Lisa. She was my first, my only and for sure my last love."

"Lisa Lisa Lisa it's always about her. What she has that I don't? Why you can't be you with me and not this stupid bitch." Irene screamed her hands in the air.

"Watch your words when you speak about her! And if you asked why so let me explain to you. First of all she has a gold heart never she will make suffer or betray someone like you did and never she will chose herself instead of her loving ones. She is so pure when YOU you are a monster."

"Jennie!!!"

"What? Are you hurt by what I said." I replied leaning my head on the side. She just looked at me and let her tears flow.

"This is what you are Irene, you separated me from my wife and my unborn baby with the dirtiest way. Didn't you have any remorse or regrets? How could you look in my eyes or be in my arms without any shame knowing there are a woman and a child that you have deprived of a family life? What surprise me the most was your act playing like you care about her when you are the one inventing a whole story with this guy. I really want to congratulate you no one suspected you. How could you? You are just so disgusting Irene." I said looking straight in her eyes where I saw hurt and pure pain but that didn't affect me she lost my trust and compassion by what she did.

"Please baby forgive me... I am so sorry." She pleaded coming towards me and touching my chest.

I pushed her hands away from me like they were fire.

"I said don't call me like that and don't you dare touch me again." I groaned.

"Jennie, please I love you..." Irene said falling on her knees. I felt some pity but just for one second because she didn't deserve it.

"Just leave Irene don't come near me again. Of course I don't need to specify that I don't want to see you in my company you are fired. About business ties between our families I will resolve them soon."

"Please Jennie, don't do this don't chase me for your life I beg you." She said getting up and coming towards me. I held my hands mentioning to her to stop and she did.

"Jessica." I called.

"Yes Jennie." Jessica replied.

"Please escort Miss Bae to the exit and don't let her step in this house again."

"Yes sure.." Jessica said with a smile.

"Miss Bae if you will follow me." Jessica said to Irene.

She stayed still staring at me pleading with her eyes but I just turned around giving her my back. After some time I heard the heels on the ground and I knew she was leaving.

I let out a deep sigh. Finally it was done, Irene's chapter was definitely close for me now.

I have to return to my life and work, because I didn't return to the company for 2 weeks now and think about my next steps. I am holding myself to run to Lisa and hug her tightly in my arms and never let her go again but I know I can't do this. I made her life miserable and I can't just come like a flower after so many years and just said 'Hey it's me, do you miss me'

No I have to be patient very patient.