CHAPTER 30

LISA POV

Being a little early, I decided to take a coffee waiting for the day care to open. It's been a while since I came to take my son. Jennie wanted to be the one to bring Liam every evening. But the last two days she was very busy at work. Sipping my coffee I was thinking about the last three weeks, Jennie was more persistent but without being stuffy. She stayed almost every evening to have dinner with us and go back to her house after putting Liam in bed. Sometimes she slept over in the couch of course. She organised different activities we did together, it was fun even if I applied myself to hide my excitement. I didn't want her to misunderstand.

She never complained or said something. Of course she tried to be closer to me, taking me in her arms or stealing some kisses here and there but never did something more. Even if I didn't want to admit it I became I got used to Jennie presence and Liam too.

I looked at my watch, it's the time I finished quickly my cup, paid and walked to the day care. My baby jumped in my arms when he saw me. Just couples of hours and missed him so much. He was telling me about his day when a car with dark windows braked violently next to us. I backed off in fear but ready to scream at the crazy driver but suddenly two guys exited from it and pushed me with force before taking Liam from me. I started to scream at them and tried to catch my son but a third one punched me in the belly and I fell under the pain. After that my baby was in the car which was speeding down the across street. I tried to follow them but my legs didn't support me. Few people came to support me alerted by my screams. I fell on the ground downcast when the car disappeared from my vision. I heard sounds around, people trying to talk to me but I couldn't understand. I looked around my son's bag was on the floor I trembled and took it before running from there not knowing what exactly do.

"Jennie yes I have to call Jennie.." I told to myself. I grabbed my phone with trembling hands and dialled her number. She didn't answer, I tried again.

"Please for God sake Jennie..."

I finally heard her voice.

"Yes Lisa sorry I was in a..."

I didn't let her finish.

"Liam... Liam.." I managed to say.

"Liam what?" She asked.

"He... he was kidnapped." I said between hiccups.

"What? He what?"

"Someone took my son!" I scream.

"Where are you?"

"Near the day care."

"Don't move.." She said with a low voice before hanging.
.
.
.

Some minutes later I saw a multitude of police cars coming and Jennie's car too I run to her.

"Explain me what happened." She said taking my face in her hands.

I told her everything crying mess. She took me in her arms after that caressing my hair to calm me down.

"We will find him Mrs Kim." I heard someone say. It was a policeman who was next to Jennie.

"I heard everything you said so me and my men we are going to do the necessary but I have some questions before that." The cops said again. I nodded at him wiping my tears and living Jennie's arms who stayed next to me.

"Do you recognise one of the men?"

"No.."

"Ok do you think there is anyone who would want to hurt you, you or your son?"

"No one.." I replied. I don't have enemies at least that what I thought.

"In this case, we will check the cameras and if we found something I will came to you. You can go and try to rest there is nothing you can do here."

"Thank you officer." Jennie said.

"Who it can be." I said.

"We will find it soon." Jennie replied kissing my head. She tried to reassure me but I could see the anguish and the anger in her eyes.

"My poor baby what if they hurt him?"

"Don't say that, our son will be fine I promise.." Jennie said staring at me cupping my cheeks. I closed my eyes not wanting to think of the worse.

"Do you want to go home?" She asked.

I nodded and she grabbed my shoulders and made me walk to her car.

It's been almost two hours and nothing new, sitting in the sofa hugging my knees I couldn't stop my tears. Jennie was all the time on the phone.

"Is there something new.." I asked with hope. She sighed and sat next to me taking me in hers arms.

"Not yet but I was on the phone with a friend who is an investigator and a has a security company he will help us."

"It's been two hours Jennie."

"I know but we have to wait there is nothing we can do."

I heard a sound from my phone, it was a message when I opened I muffled a scream.

"What?" Jennie said taking the phone from my trembling hand.

Liam was sleeping on a thin mattress. Jennie jumped from her place. She put the phone to hers ears.

"Fuck voice mail." She said between hers teeth.

"I tried to call the number but it's off." She added before grabbing her phone and knocked herself in my room.

"Jennie!!" I shouted for her to come back.

"Save my baby, save him!!" I shouted.

She walked out of the room finding me on the floor. She kneeled in front of me taking my hands in hers with dark eyes she said calmly.

"I will my love I will... I promise.."

She hugged me strongly, she was shaking from rage I could say, my head on her chest I could felt her heart beating madly like it will jump from its ribcage .

"I will bring him back even if it's the last thing I do."