Chapter Three (Part Two)

Tamlin's eyes focused on the wings that had appeared near my fathers as my eyes locked in on them as well. Another voice now cut through the short silence, "And why would we take anything you say as true. You are not the heir. Where is the bastard son hm?" Two lines appeared between my eyebrows as I looked at Beron once again, now with an upset expression but the voice next to me almost hissed in response. "Our High Lord does not wish to be present because he is dealing with other matters. If you have such a problem with him not being here, why not go and see him yourself." A flat answer to the question Beron had asked, but one Beron didn't comment on before sitting back down. The Eclipse Court...My father used to tell me stories that my.. Real parents told them of the High Lord from there.. Especially his son, Syrephael.. My gaze shifted to look at the man standing next to me, if he wasn't the son...who was he to Syrephael and why was he here in his place. A man that had been standing so still, I didn't know he had been here at all, stepped closer to the back of the chair the other man was standing next to, and I only now realized that both had wings...Illyrian wings..

Without saying a word, he had positioned himself on the other side of where the other man stood on the other side of the chair, closest to me, "As the Moon Court High Lady

Without saying a word, he had positioned himself on the other side of where the other man stood on the other side of the chair, closest to me, "As the Moon Court High Lady.." His voice trailed as his eyes shifted to meet mine, I tilted my head at him slightly as he looked at me with a searching expression and I couldn't help but smile a bit, "Aruna.." My voice was soft as he smiled at my answer to his silent question as he stood back up to look at the others around the table, "Yes. As Lady Aruna stated, The former High Lord Kimerous, had an eventful evening with his brother it seems. As far as we were aware, the two were in.. odds as it were. Seemed to be fighting about something, and caused a fight to begin between the two. This ended in, the next day, we too found no lingering tether to him. Only his wings in the dining halls of the castle. No trace. No smell. And the blood that was coming from the wings had no pull, no connection trying to return to its owner." My eyes slowly went back to the two sets of wings, My father and his brother... they fought? What for? As much as I ever read about the Eclipse Court and my father was that there was a treaty of trade between the two courts.. For what was never listed but they did have an agreement of things being given back and forth... could that be what they fought for? But fought badly enough that both died? What could be worth such a thing? What had my father been doing the hours I was sleeping for me not to know something was so wrong.. A voice broke the silence, a new one, a softer one. A woman. "The brother's of the Yin and Yang..Both powerful but they killed one another.. Do you know what for? And why didn't you send out a letter about this happening if you knew?" The man next to her stood, Kallias, the High Lord of Winter...which meant the woman was Viviane, his wife.

which meant the woman was Viviane, his wife