Chapter Five

Nothing more to be said on it. She turned and went to the door, opening it for me as I walked past her and went to my fathers door, opening the door to see both Azriel and Cassian standing near the ceiling to the floor length window. They both looked at me as I entered the room, Cassian smiled. "Well, don't you look good in black." I held back a smile as Azriel led me out of the room. Cassian closed the door behind them as I began to walk just in front of them, Mor was walking ahead of us. "So, where exactly in the Eclipse court are we going?" I looked slightly to the side at Azriel, he straightened a bit, looking at me before answering. "Kimerous' castle. That's where the broken window is. You won't see any people because" his eyes veered to Mor before looking back at me, he was talking about that bubble that Syrepheal put around that place.. I guess it's a good thing I didn't mention that to Mor.

"Anyways, the only people in the castle are Nuala and Cerridwen. They are twins. They...pretty much just keep everything in the castle clean. It's the only home they've ever known and they didn't want to leave the castle unguarded while we left." I nodded slightly, turning back forward to look at Mor as she was holding open one of the doors that lead to my fathers study. I nodded my head at her slightly before going inside and watched as Cassian and Azriel followed me inside. Both tucked in their wings so they didn't get close to Mor. She looked at me softly, nodding her head at me before closing the door behind them. "So.. how exactly is this going to work?" I turned to look at them as they were both looking at the thousands of bookshelves all around us

 how exactly is this going to work?" I turned to look at them as they were both looking at the thousands of bookshelves all around us

I tilted my head slightly at them, "What's wrong?" Azriel drew his eyes back to me, "This is..an amazing collection.. You said that this has all of the information on all of the courts..?" I looked at him softly as I leaned against my father's desk that was covered in books I hadn't finished reading, but I nodded. "Everything there is to know about the courts, at least from the time the Full Moon court existed. So I guess.. From what you guys told me, 1,000 years worth of history." Cassian's eyes widened a bit and looked back at the books and all the lights around the room, "I guess the only thing that's left to do is go back to the Eclipse court." I looked at him softly as I nodded a bit, going to the shelf behind the desk, standing on my toes to grab a small envelope and tucking it under my arm before nodding at them both. "Then we should get to a balcony we can take off from?" Cassian nodded as I walked up the stairs as they followed, my heart thrummed.

I was going to the Eclipse court...Was it the right decision? What was I going to do if I was wrong? What would Amren and Mor do? Would they know if anything happened to me? Would I even be able to tell them if something did happen? As we finished climbing the stairs I touched the large window at the top of the stairs and pushed it, opening it to show an aerial view of Velaris. I looked at it with a slight smile. I would be doing this for them. For my people. For Kaegdazar. This, I would do. I looked at the envelope in my hands as my eyes glinted and it shrunk to almost the size of a blade of grass and I put it in the lining of my hilt strapped around my thigh before I turned to look at Cassian and Azriel who were stretching their wings out. "It'll be a long flight. Maybe about two hours? Unless you're not afraid of flying fast?" Azriel looked at me softly and I shook my head before grabbing a ribbon and tying my hair in a bun, meeting at the nape of my neck, securing it before lowering my hands. "As fast as we can get there." They both nodded as Azriel this time came close to me, Cassian shooting off of the balcony already starting in flight. Azriel held his hand out to me, "Promise I won't hit you this time." A smile pulled on his lips and I rolled my eyes, smiling as well before taking his hand.