ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟠 - 𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕕

"Kappa, I didn't expect you to see you here," said Tani with nervously raised eyebrows. "Long time no see."

"Shut up. I was actually warming up to you and your little friend..." Kappa's demeanour seemed to shift to a reminiscent one for a split second, "but then you betrayed me." He took a step towards us.

Tani raised his arms protectively and pushed me back slightly.

"But it looks like you were never on my side to begin with. It feels like every time I put my walls down I get played by scum like you." 

Kappa rested himself against the nearest shelf. He used his hand to trace the text on one of the boxes. I couldn't see what was written on it but it seemed to make him contemplative. 

"Sometimes I feel like... I just need to cleanse things." 

My first instinct should probably have been to tackle him, or water-bend the shit out of him; but he was only just getting into his villain monologue. Maybe he would explain why he commits all this crime. Maybe it's for something he truly believes is a good cause.

However, he paused his little self-pitying rant by pulling a gun of the shelf.

"Stay back Tsunami!" commanded Tani. 

I was wrong. And now we're dealing with this shit again. 

I got ready, anticipating where the water could come from. I felt the sources that just couldn't be missed, the ocean near the warehouse, the bodies of everyone near (Yoshi-san and Matsui were just about to enter the building), the air, and where Kappa must be about to shoot, the sprinkler pipes above us. 

Kappa tilted his head, narrowing his eyes, angling his gun at me. "You're the twit who helped them escape? Where's all your big-talk now?"

"You know it's not to late to turn yourself in right?" I attempted some sort of negotiation. 

"Are you stupid? Do you really think that I- Would you stop fucking around with my emotions!" Kappa's voice began as a screech faded into a mellow tone. "Taking away my anger only makes my aim better."

With the gun still pointing at me, Kappa squeezed the trigger. 

An earsplitting shot rang out. The clang of the bottle hitting the ground echoed it. I found myself on the ground, my bad arm was throbbing, something warm was on my face. My breathing quickened as I opened my eyes. 

I wasn't shot.

Tani had pushed me out of the way. I was behind the shelves. The warm something on my face was Tani's blood. 

He had taken the bullet for me. He swayed on his feet while saying something I couldn't process in my shock.

Then the shock was replaced with anger.

He shot Tani. Kappa shot Tani. Tani was on the ground and Kappa was about to be under it.

I pulled water out of the air and bended them into to razor sharp ice daggers for each hand. I crawled the short distance to the end of the shelves and peaked at Kappa. He was coming this way. Probably to shoot me like he intended to in the first place.

I squeezed my fist around the cool handle, quickly after I heard Kappa's grunt of confusion. I helped myself up with the shelves and skulked in his direction.

His panicked eyes met mine as I lifted the dagger, but I hesitated when the pained groans of Tani reached my ears. 

How had I forgotten about his condition in such a short amount of time? 

Even though I was in a state of frantic thoughts, I wasn't stupid enough to leave us vulnerable to an attack. I punched out forcefully and Kappa was sent flying into shelves some distance away. It can't have been a comfortable landing as I could tell by the stupid little gasps i could hear.